Convertible Top Leaking
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Convertible Top Leaking

Convertible Top Leaking

My 2006 Saab 9-3 top leaks when it rains very hard. Water comes in on the sides - into the lap of the driver and passenger - I have tried to find a source of leaking but seals seem okay. I am thinking that the water is being absorbed through the canvas top and then channeled down into a plastic channel that runs along each side. This channel is not sealed as it comes apart when roof is up.. I think the water comes through this area.
    Anyone else have this issue?? What is supposed to happen to the water absorbed in the canvas? If I am right... should I be waterproofing the canvas somehow??
    Any thoughts are appreciated!
    Thanks!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: Convertible Top Leaking

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RENOVO-CANVA.../dp/B003JI4XDK
    Renovo stuff is really good, we use it on our MR2 and the water literally runs off of it.

http://www.renovointernational.com/ They do a range of cleaners and proofers for different types of hood so make sure you order the correct one

Also, i use a silicone spray lube on the rubber seals on the MR2 and Saab as it helps to keep them in good condition and stop leaks/squeaks .
    Last edited by the zohan; 04-26-2012 at 11:53 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread