Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1999 Saab 9-3 Convertible Seat Belt

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  AntFort 
#1 ·
Can someone with a 1998-2001 9-3 convertible please check their front passenger seatbelt receptacle to see if there is a wire going up into it? My driver's side does, but my passenger side does not. I found a plug disconnected under my front passenger seat, and when I connected it the seatbelt warning light came on and would not go off even when the seatbelt was fastened. So, I think somebody replaced my passenger side seatbelt receptacle with one that had no wire and then unplugged the warning signal wire (I just bought the car). Any help greatly appreciated.:confused:

#3 ·
Thank you Russell. So I wonder how your car knows when the passenger side seatbelt is latched. If you are also curious, you could fasten the driver's side and sit in the passenger side, then see if the fasten seatbelt light comes on with the passenger side unbuckled. If the light doesn't come on I bet you have the same wire unplugged as me under the passenger seat.

#6 ·
Thank you goodwinra. It would be very interesting if everyone that had a 99-02 9-3 convertible could check and see if they had a wire going up into the passenger side seat belt receptacle to see how many have a wire. For all those that do not, how does the passenger side air bag know if it should fire?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.