My new saab! Parrot kit help
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My new saab! Parrot kit help

My new saab! Parrot kit help

Hi!!

Ive just got my new saab 2005 9-3 vector 1.9tid

love it already!!

I have also broiught a parrot kit mki9200 just for the car.... i have been severall places and even have contacted parrot who have all advised me that i am unable to fit the parrot kit because my car has a amp built in :s.

After doing some research, i have established that my audio system is ES1-7: 150W & 7 speakers.

Now i wanted to ask was there any way i am able to fit the mki9200 to my saab?

hoppe yu can help!1 dont want the parrot kit going to waste!! Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: My new saab! Parrot kit help

tel1 connector?

when i sold my 2003 2.0T aero i took out my parrot kit (think its the mk6200) i have the leads (from autoleads) to connect parrot to head unit via the tel1 connector (behind passenger lower dash side panel) this also made use of the steering wheel controls and built in mic (also displayed 'Telephone' on SID.

Hi,
    Im not tthat techincall so i do apologise but what is a tel1 connector? and how easy is it to fit? and will i get sound from all 4 speakers or just 2? nd justjase... Will you be looking to sell the leads?
    I do apoliise once again for being so dumb lol

Thanks

Saabisti

Hi 2907,

You have a similar issue to myself and although i have the steering wheel buttons, they
    do not do anything right now!

I spoke at length to a very helpful guy called Phillip from www.justcarkits.co.uk/
    and he totally explained how to install the i9100 in my 57 plate Aero. It will differ slightly
    in your car as the SID may be useable (not absolutely sure on that!?).

He explained about all of the wiring involved and told me that your elusive tel1 connector
    is under the pass side kick panel of the centre console (removed with a torx 20).

It will be bound up and attached to other wiring and will need to be released to use it.

As far as using the wheel buttons rather than the parrot supplied clip on phone buttons you will
    need, apparently, another bit of wiring to hook up to another part of the loom
    which is involved with the steering column to get things fully operational.

The factory mic will be enabled and the sound(i never knew this either) will come from the factory
    speakers so i see no reason why it will not use all of them, but am happy to be corrected on this!!.
    Also have to say that i cannot comment on the amp aspect of the sound system, but i cannot
    see why it would hamper things and equally Phillip never even asked me this question so.....
    But... like i say... ask for Phillip and he will be very helpful and keep it simple enough to get your
    head around all of it!

Hope this helps?

Trev
    Last edited by landyacht; 04-14-2012 at 07:24 AM.

Thanks trev....ill give that a goo...

I spoke to Phillip who advised me that i need to see a saab specalist to enable my aux despite me not having one!!! Does anoyone know any good ones around Nottingham or Leeds? i have spoken to one dealer who quoted me 90 exc VAT :O which i fount to be a little pricey.

Saabisti

From my experince I just plugged it into the tel1 plug within the centre consol footwell with no problems at all. It only used the front speakers but not sure why that would make any difference if its only for phone calls. Doing it this way means you still need to use the parrot wireless buttons but it does come up on the SID as telephone use

Reason why i wish to get the sound from all speakers as i have a parrot mki9200 which gives me a 3 connectors: iphone, usb and aux. With these i am able to connect an ipod and the parrot will play the music...but it sounds terrible when its only coming from the front 2!! hence why i would like it to come from all speakers...

In addition, when i had it connected to my old car, automically sound came from all speakers when i used my ipod to play music from it, and when i recieved a call... t only used front 2....

11. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread