Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

traction control failure & left brake light failure

6K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  aerojon 
#1 · (Edited)
9-3 1.8i 54 plate
hi went for a drive yesterday and left brake light failure came up on the display so I stopped and checked and it is working fine half hour later brake and abs warning lights come on along with traction control failure on the display and the speedo & rev counter stopped working so I stopped turned the ignition off and attempted to restart and the engine didn't even turn over, I left it for 15 mins and it started but messages and lights have been coming back intermittently

tech 2
cim p bus
left brake light circuit open

anyone know of anything that could cause this or have a copy of WIS they want to sell?
cheers

#3 ·
cheers I'll check voltages in a bit
the brake light I found a thread saying that the tail light takes over the brake light if it fails and surely enough the bulb had gone just couldn't tell with functional test

#9 ·
Replaced the alternator and faults stayed (other than low voltage) and it got to the point that the engine light came on aswell and had no power (had to stop on m1) so called AA his tool said no faults, tech2 said 19 faults all bus related all on p bus
So on tech2 I removed the CIM then added it reprogramming the keys in the process
in 3 days no faults so far so alls good
might be worth a try for others if they have traction control failure
My CIM is only 4 years old after having airbag failure which saab replaced the CIM for

#11 ·
CIM=Column Intergrated Module..

it sits behind the steering wheel,it's what the wiper & indicator stalks are in,also controls steering lock,has sensors inside & part of the security system..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.