Trailer Socket Dead - ideas ?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Make.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trailer Socket Dead - ideas ?

Trailer Socket Dead - ideas ?

Hi,

I have checked the wiring harness and it all seems to have a connection through to the socket, I am using a single socket convertor for a trailer, have tried 2 different trailers and nothing.

The 20A fuse in slot 8 is all fine and have taken the trailer module out and cannot see anything a miss with it.

Car has just had a service but can't see why that would cause the socket to stop, was last used and checked out about a month ago.

Any ideas ?

Any one local with a trailer module I could borrow to test if it is that.

The installation is a genuine SAAB one with all the wiring etc being that as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: Trailer Socket Dead - ideas ?

Okay got the meter out yet again and results were as expected, not output to the socket. However the pins for the external 12V are live and working and from the wiring diagram they are not passed through the control module, so I am guess it is the module that is dead.

Anyone who can lend me one for next thurs would be really appreciated I have a mate flying in from Sweden and his motorbike on the trailer ready to head up north for the boat.

I will try to buy one on Tuesday from where ever I am guessing not many in stock anywhere.

Thanks for any hlep advice you can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by gixersaab View Post
    Okay got the meter out yet again and results were as expected, not output to the socket. However the pins for the external 12V are live and working and from the wiring diagram they are not passed through the control module, so I am guess it is the module that is dead.

Anyone who can lend me one for next thurs would be really appreciated I have a mate flying in from Sweden and his motorbike on the trailer ready to head up north for the boat.

I will try to buy one on Tuesday from where ever I am guessing not many in stock anywhere.

Thanks for any hlep advice you can offer.
    Are you sure the socket will show +12v on the pins by just using a meter?

I thought the TCM would only power up the sockets if an actual plug was connected

I wonder if it doesn't like your single socket converter - does it work ok if a full 13 pin socket is connected?

Thanks
    It was working fine before so no reason to suspect the adapter.
    Have nothing else to test it with so unless I can get a 13 pin plug a and wire it up

6. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread