Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

2008 9-3 Aero TTiD - Front Suspension Noise

11K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  gixersaab 
#1 ·
Hi All,

While sat in traffic the other day turned the wheel and I can hear what I can only describe as a "boinging" noise coming from both sides at the front.

Anyone got ideas ?

I was going to jack up the front to have a look but not so sure where on this car is a safe point to use a trolley jack ?

Any help appreciated, looks like it will be going in for a service anyway as the indicator has come on at 6.5K miles ahead of the time which seems strange for a car with full SAAB main dealer history.

Cheers

Ian

#6 ·
Quick update, decide to have a look so got the jack out and up she went, prior to this I got one of the daughters to rock the steering and you could feel the near side spring having some kind of noise, however once jacked up no sign of a broken spring however my tyre is well worn from the centre to the outside edge, so I guess something is wrong however had a good look under and over cannot see anything obvious no movement in the spring or the drop link, so guess next week the garage will have a bit of fun.

#8 ·
With the 'boinging' noise you describe i would still think it is a spring - it is often difficult to see and due to the spring being under tension. If using the car be careful. I had one let go on a car (peugeot)and it took out the front tyre and jammed the steering. Luckily it went whilst parking. Could be broken or jumping as mentioned above.

#9 ·
Hi all well as France as it seems to me the only problem found was the drivers side drop link

So not much cost added to the 90k cambelt service and car see,s to be running so different and to be honest no knocking noises over rough roads will check for the boing later today

North Motor Company well worth a recommendation for anyone in Hampshire Surrey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.