Oil change and diesel partical filter automatic cleaning
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oil change and diesel partical filter automatic cleaning

Saab Newbie

Oil change and diesel partical filter automatic cleaning

4 weeks into my new 9-5 2011 TTid 4WD Saab, what car bigger, than my previous old 95s and boy does it go round corners and what a ride, shame the motoring press did not do Saab any favours. Anyway!!

Has anyone done an oil change, have the parts just looking for any tips.

I have 2 occassions where the partical filter has gone through its cleaning cycle, sadly the last case was in a traffic jam and looked awfull! diesel smoking wafting out the front of the car, just does not seem right to me, has anyone had similar expierences?

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saab Newbie

Re: Oil change and diesel partical filter automatic cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by MAZPAZ View Post
    4 weeks into my new 9-5 2011 TTid 4WD Saab, what car bigger, than my previous old 95s and boy does it go round corners and what a ride, shame the motoring press did not do Saab any favours. Anyway!!

Has anyone done an oil change, have the parts just looking for any tips.

I have 2 occassions where the partical filter has gone through its cleaning cycle, sadly the last case was in a traffic jam and looked awfull! diesel smoking wafting out the front of the car, just does not seem right to me, has anyone had similar expierences?

Cheers
    I have had a new 9-5 TTid for 2 weeks now!; great car. Motoring press were hard due to fact that the cars probably werent ready for launch in 2010; our cars have a new suspension system; such a shame however suppose like me you got the vehicle with a heavy discount
    No experience of partical filter yet but only done 160 miles mainly on motorway picking it up from Stratstone Leicester who incidentally have been great and given me a 2 year warranty. These cars will be some of the last made as production stopped in April 2011; mine is showing service recommended soon as coming up to a year old. Would you recommend an oil change when I have done say 400 miles
    Nice to speak to a fellow 9-5 owner; I just love the shape of the car
    Last edited by mb1357; 03-17-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Saab Newbie

Hi, Oil change for warranty purpose should be 1 year old or 18k (from memory) I would expect Stratstone will expect you to service in line with manufacturers schedule. Best to check with them, they may say not required as the cars mileage is so low, but get an email or some form of record from them just in case! Re the partical filter on mine I am having my local mechanic check over this week, I think some part of the front exhaust manifold to exhuast system is not seated quite correctly as I have been getting diesel fumes in the cabin. Enjoy your car !

Saab Newbie

Update on the diesel smoke, turns out my mainfold to turbo bolts were loose! wonder if this a reflection of stop start production line back at birth place! any how will update you on oil change in due course.

You might like to know that the on board oil change schedule uses a combination of time since last change, number of start/stop cycles and carbon content of oil or so I was told when my 7000 mile 9-5 came up with 'service soon' on display (I wasn't pleased!). It had been sat in the showroom new for 6+ months which contributed to the message.

Has anyone else noticed the cruise control that looses speed on inclines? Or the woefully out of date SatNav ?

Saab Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MAZPAZ View Post
    Hi, Oil change for warranty purpose should be 1 year old or 18k (from memory) I would expect Stratstone will expect you to service in line with manufacturers schedule. Best to check with them, they may say not required as the cars mileage is so low, but get an email or some form of record from them just in case! Re the partical filter on mine I am having my local mechanic check over this week, I think some part of the front exhaust manifold to exhuast system is not seated quite correctly as I have been getting diesel fumes in the cabin. Enjoy your car !
    Many thanks; reckon I will get I oil change done anyway better safe than sorry

Saab Newbie

One thing of note is that I contacted my local GM dealer who were able to order Saab parts for me; I got a set of rear mud flaps , the car having front ones already fitted, along with a Saab first aid kit!
    Takes 5 working days for delivery as they are coming from Sweden maybe via Saab Parts UK??

even after updating it to the smoke also it is still in the same condition and i am facing the same problem are there any other suggestion please..

Saab Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by samuel13 View Post
    even after updating it to the smoke also it is still in the same condition and i am facing the same problem are there any other suggestion please..
    This statement makes no sense; at least not to me??
    Last edited by mb1357; 04-11-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Saab Newbie

Wondered what oil you used; handbook recommends 0w-40 which I think is fully synthetic

12. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread