HIFLY TYRES
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HIFLY TYRES

Banned
    I'm thinking of fitting HiFly tyres "(Hifly is manufactured by Shandong Henfeng Rubber & Plastic Co in its 'state of the art', 80 million square metre manufacturing facility in DongYing, using the latest manufacturing equipment from Europe, the U.S. and Japan)" unquote.

03 Aero estate, will fit 225/45/17 94W XL. I don't rag it much - mostly 75 mph on the motorway; only occasional red mist moments...

Has anyone tried these tyres? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

BOF

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saabisti
    Good Luck

May the force be with you
    My 9-3 audio,2 x cd changers,aux-in & Bluetooth audio streaming..

ALL MEMBERS PLS PUT WHICH COUNTRY YOU ARE IN..So it shows up under your user name..

I hope the force is with you because I don't think friction will be.

I'd put them in the same category as the Talon Triangles our 9-5 came with. At 75mph on the motorway you still have to brake, steer and drive in the wet. There are only four patches of rubber between you (and any other poor sod) and eternity. Go bouy a set of Proxes or Neutons. Neutons from Neos 250 delivered.

Banned
    Neutons were that (relatively) cheap originally. I wonder what the first users of those were advised (if anything)?

That's why I'm asking........ but nobody, it seems, has the experience in question. Do I boldly go (and find out), or not?

What are Talon Triangles?

BOF

What are Talon Triangles?[/b]
    Bloody Awful. Maximum sideways at 15mph on a wet roundabout . Kids ended up looking foirward out of the side window....

Re: HIFLY TYRES

Quote Originally Posted by BOF View Post
    Neutons were that (relatively) cheap originally. I wonder what the first users of those were advised (if anything)?

That's why I'm asking........ but nobody, it seems, has the experience in question. Do I boldly go (and find out), or not?

What are Talon Triangles?

BOF
    Hi BOF,

Did you ever buy those Hifly tyres and if so what did you think of them? I am tempted to get a set of their winter tyres for my daughter but am a bit wary of their unknown quality/safety as you were.

Regards,
    Greg95

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Greg95 View Post
    Hi BOF,

Did you ever buy those Hifly tyres and if so what did you think of them?
    No, I didn't. I finally got round to fitting three new tyres to my 9-5, and put on Neuton NT8000s from Neo Bros. They're very good, but I haven't had any winter to try them in yet. I'm not persuaded that where I live (South Bucks), since virtually every road I drive on is salted, I need winter tyres; I had no problems last winter with my well-worn Conti Sport Contact 2s.

You might like to look at this website: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/. Real reviews by real drivers!

BOF

Hi,
    It always amazes me the number of people who are prepared to offer opinions about things they have never tried and know nothing about. Just for the record I bought four of these for my 9-5 vector sport as I was intending to sell it and didn't want to spend much. (It had 4 continentals on it previously) I must say I for the money I was very impressed with them. In the past I have had budget tyres which I would consider downright dangerous, but these are certainly not in that category. They grip well in both wet and dry, and are relatively quiet. My advice would be don't be put off by the low price. There are many examples of tyres which were cheep and sneered at by the tyre snobs when they were first introduced, but which have since become relatively well thought of (And have increased in price along with it.) I'm not saying they are a match for the premium brands, but for the most part and for normal driving I doubt the average motorist would notice much difference.

11. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread