Can anyone identify this aerial mount
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can anyone identify this aerial mount

Hi there, My beloved 99T is in the bodyshop for a tidyup ready for the Summer.

Whilst she is in bits and this is out anyway can anybody identify this aerial base ?

As you can see the rubber bodyseal has perished on mine, I quite like this style and it works well where it is placed, but I am pretty sure it isn't the OE part for a 99..at the moment I am not sure what Saab it was intended for or even if it wasn't a hatchet job on perhaps a mobile phone antenna base with a different mast.

Worst comes to the worst I will just make up a new gasket out of some silicon mat. But if it is for something later and is still available then a new one would be nice, I think the base might have been intended for roof mount but the mast I have looks way too long for that. The mount is waisted so it is bendable to fit the angle of whatever panel it is mounted on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saab Afficionado
    99T and anything up to about M82 would have most probably had the aerial mounting on the roof.

I do remember such an aerial mount on my Dad's 900s he bought in the early-mid 80s, which would have been mounted on the rear 3/4s by the hatch/bootlid on the nearside - IIRC there was a hole already there for fitment

4. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread