Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Parrot 3100 into Saab 93 2008 model

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  merve84 
#1 ·
I have done an install of a MKI9200 in my own saab but now a pal has aksed me to fit his Parrot into his newer Saab.

On mine there was issues dependant on the system having a phone kit in the boot and which audio system so need to check if anything unusual applies to this model.

I need to install Parrot 3100 into a 2009 registered 58 plate car. Its got the updated dash compared to mine and I wont see the car until the day it arrives to be done.

Do all of the 2008/9 cars have the phone connector plug in the foot well or are there different versions of audio which have an effect.

Anyone know the correct lead needed. i looked on justcarkits and saab 11 seems to fit the bill but I also need to work out if thats got everything in it for the job.

The kit was removed forman older BMW and the 10 pin white connection was left in that car loom so hopefully the correct Parrot/Saab connection lead will incorporate that too?

I have had a picture sent of the radio

and the blue box showing missing lead connector

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks

Rich

See less See more
#2 ·
You should be OK, but give Just Car Kits a call to double check. I fitted a Parrot CK3100 into my 9-5. and the SOT lead went from the Saab connector to the Parrot blue box.

The SOT lead had a gap in the power leads with a separate fuse holder that need plugging in line. It also had a microphone lead bound into it with a jack plug on the end. I tried to use the built-in Saab mic as I had done on a previous car, but I needed some pin swaps and I broke the pins trying to do it :( - so I used the Parrot mic instead. Many people do this anyway.

I believe that the connector is bound into the loom in the same place as the early cars, despite what the workshop manual shows, but I haven't confirmed this in the flesh. The workshop manual shows the connector near the back of the audio, but other people have said it's still in the original place. And still hard to find when it's bound tightly into the other wires in the loom.

Here's some pictures of the 9-5 install that I did with the SAAB01TEL lead. I think the main difference is that the Saab multiplug has been redesigned, but again, I've not seen it myself.

#3 ·
The connector is the same 18 pin one as found on earlier models. It will be around the same place, however I have seen it up behind the glove box on a 2010 model.

As sgould said give just car kits a phone saying what you are doing and they will be able to advise you with the correct parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.