1997 900S central locking fuses and indicator issue
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1997 900S central locking fuses and indicator issue

hi all,
    this is a bit of a composite question, but maybe all related.
    This weekend I went to open the 900 with the fob, and just as I did, the alarm horn (Passenger side) came on, and wouldn't turn off. No amount of button pressing or ignition starting would stop it. Anyway, I drove it for a bit, and the horn came on a few times again in a couple of miles. I pulled over and pulled the alarm fuse. No more horn.
    At this point the central locking was still working with the fob, and through the key. No other issues, so I figured this was the 2x alarm batteries that are soldered in, and I need to unsolder and replace them (as described all over the interwebs)s.
    today I found that central locking fuse is constantly blowing (in fact sparking when I try a new one) and the horn sounds briefly before it blows the fuse. And more, the indicators are not working at all, no SID sound, no flashing. The indicator fuse is intact.

Could the 2 be related ? I tried the fob this evening, on the off chance, and the lights flashed (but no central locking action) so I know the bulbs are good. The hazard lights work fine too.

I suppose it could be a solenoid issue that's blowing the CL fuse, but could this also fail the indicators ?

Sorry for the long post, but it's a real pain, too wet for hand signals today !
    Thanks, Tony

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

In case anyone's interested - I disconnected each of the door/tailgate/petrol cap solenoids in turn and re-tested the CL fuse - it still blew with a flourish each time.
    Not sure what to do now - anyone know if the indicator stalk has a direct connection to the ECU or something ?
    Thanks, Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread