Seat swap... Electrical leather seats in a Linear
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Make.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seat swap... Electrical leather seats in a Linear

Hi all !

I've got hold of a set of electrical adjustable leather seats frorm a 2005 9-3 Vector, that I'm putting into my 2004 9-3 linear sedan.

The back seat was easy to fit, as were the front seats... But I've come across a problem.
    The wiring for the power to the electrical adjustment are not there in the Linear.... just the ground cable.
    I've installed a temporary power cable to test things out, and the adjustment on the passenger seat is working fine.
    On the driver's seat (Wich also has memory for the adjustments), i only get the forward / backward movement to work, when i connect it the way I've connected the passenger seat... (Just one hot wire in addition to the ground wire which is already in place... ) the seat back tilting and seat up and down movements are "dead".... as are the memory buttons.
    Does this mean something's wrong with my seat, or does the drivers seat need more wiring than the passenger one to work ?
    Any help are highly appreciated :-)

Tore T, Norway

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

A bit more investigation leads me to think that the seat control / memory module is faulty.. anyone experienced this before ?

A bit more investigation leads me to think that the seat control / memory module is faulty.. anyone experienced this before ?[/b]
    After some further investigation I've found out that i need to connect the seat to the I-bus to get it up and running....
    Any suggestion where the nearest I-bus wire to the seats can be found ? Somewhere in the centre console perhaps ?

Thankful for any help :-)

Tore T

Full throttle
    There's an I bus connection to the doors. The module that has the window switches in it is the "Door Control Module". I bus connection is to Pin 28. But the wiring diagram doesn't show a wire colour. But the connection should come through the connector in the door hinge and into the car body.

All four doors have one and the rear door connections come down into the car by the seat belts.

I've not done this myself, but I believe that people doing it in the 9-5 have managed without an I bus connection. But were caught out by a missing link across the car that's needed between the driver's seat and the passenger seat. Of course it may all be completely different in the 9-3.....

Full throttle
    Here's a list of all the items connected to the I-Bus - All the wires on the wiring diagram are plain green throughout.

[attachment=62:Screen_s...13.55.50.png]
    [attachment=63:Screen_s...13.56.18.png]
    [attachment=64:Screen_s...13.56.49.png]

Full throttle
    There's also supposed to be an 40 pin connector under the seat already. Again the green wire is the I-Bus. But there are four GN wires show!! [edit] I-Bus is pin 23[/end edit].

If this is what is stopping the seat working, it may still not work until the seats have been programmed into the system by a dealer. Otherwise the car may not realise that they are there and won't be looking for signals to and fro.

[attachment=65:Screen_s...13.52.29.png]

Thank you so much for exellent help :-)

I'm going to look into this as soon as the weather gets warmer... it's been -25 centigrades here the last week...

Tore T

9. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread