Saab convertible roof sticking stops gm 900 1995
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saab convertible roof sticking stops gm 900 1995

Hi, since my lad left the boot open and i tried to put the hood up as it was raining theres been a problem. The roof when opening stops 3/4 of the way to closing, i have to hit forward on the switch just for a tap then back and it folds down perfect. Same with lifting, tonneau lifts up fine and hood starts to lift but stops after around 2 feet of lifting up, i then have to hit reverst quickly and it then works ok?? Theres no info pop uo on my in car display so im thinking an air bubble maybe? Its not a great annoyance but would be nice if i could fix it so the roof operates like it did 2 weeks ago in the summer.. Any ideas friends?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

try disconnecting the battery, leaving it for 10 minutes and see if that helps.

That way, any bugs in the system will be ironed out.

There was a horror story about someone who needed their hood ECU reprogramming after interfering with the operation of it.

Equally, it's worth checking the fluid level as if it's low, it can give you trouble - Topgear on here has done a very handy guide with pictures.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread