No Power Pulling Away?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Make.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No Power Pulling Away?

Hello guys im needing a little help on this 1. i own a 93 aero sport 54 plate,now i bought this car smashed front end smash! the car has now been repaired just got it back yesterday but when i drive of there seems to be no turbo the gauge on the dash appears to be working fine but its gutless.theres no warning lights on the dash ecu etc .the only light thats on is the airbag light .iv checked all pipes going to the turbo etc and all seem fine am i missing something here what should i be looking for ?iv also disconnected the battery for an hour still the same. i dont know if the car will have to be put on the tech 2 because its been in a smash..so if any 1 knows what i should do please get back to me..Regards...

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

the airbag light has to be reset with tech2,while its doing that get them to check everything at the same time.

reading the live data.

it it the original ecu?
    My 9-3 audio,2 x cd changers,aux-in & Bluetooth audio streaming..

ALL MEMBERS PLS PUT WHICH COUNTRY YOU ARE IN..So it shows up under your user name..

yeah its still the same ecu also iv taken out the airbag sensor between the seats i was kinda scared incase it would set of the new bags maybe iv made a mistake taking it out i dont know maybe you can help me on that 1 also. im not so fussed on connecting that back up right at this moment because i really need to get the car back on the road but i will get that done ..iv been told i can send this airbag sensor to www.airbagmodulereset.co.uk to get it reset so i will do that this week.

Ok heres a little update .got the computer on the car today and all it picked up was 3 fault codes p0691,p0693,p0695 now these 3 seem to be all connected with the fan (engine coolent blower, circuit low)now would this send mixed signals to the ecu making the car run slow? to let you understand the fan that came of was a single fan now the replacement is a double fan.now the fans aint working at all but i will have this problem fixed tommorow. iv also disconnected this fan and still no difference in power.so the car is still running bad pull away in 1 st gutless you can hear the turbo the gauge is going up into second gear still gutless so on up the gears seems the higher gears it pulls better.im really at a loss here on whats wrong can it be something as simple as spark plugs? the car has been sitting around for a good few months started and stopped quite often . any feed back on this is very welcome..Regards...

Saab Anorak
    Have you checked the intercooler for leaks, they're a bit succeptible to stone damage in the matrix or a weld may be broken? If it's blowing much of the induction air will be going overboard.

Oh hows the best way to check this then? thanks for your reply

Saab Anorak
    If you can get your hand near it - access is tight - have someone hold the engine at about 2000rpm and run your hand over the unit to see if you can feel an air leak. It's best to do this on a cold engine to avoid the cooling fans cutting in and giving air movement round the radiator which could mask a leak, also the induction air will be cool. This method will detect gross leaks.
    If that doesn't work get a pressure test done on the intercooler, I had a search on this forum to see if there was any DIY guidance on this but didn't find any so its probably best to take the car to a garage to get this done.

Hello just an update ,think i might have found the problem on looking tonight i took of the black plastic cover on top of the engine now theres a very large black rubber hose. below there i seen a small coupling just coming out of the engine block a bit of oil sweat round this ,so i looked further removed the coupling by pressing the white part of it popped the fast fit coupling is cracked drawing air im assuming.i started the engine and it was running poorly stuck my finger over the hole and it was fine.so im thinking this could well be the problem. this plastic bit is just like a fast fit plastic coupling with a right angle .does any i know what this is called ? or its purpose ? or am i clutching at straws thinking this is the problem? regards.........

Full throttle
    If it's sucking or blowing and is connected to the inlet,you have almost certainly found the problem. Even a pinhole can affect things if it's in the wrong place.

heres a little update got the new pipe with connector fitted have to buy complete pipe and connectors.got this fitted and yup just the same gutless.just had it back from the garage on the computers nothing found no fault codes etc.the guy seems to think the turbo is not spooling?1 thing i have noticed when its cold it seems to pull better when it gets hot not good.the car seems to be pulling better in 3 and 4th and top gear but 1st and 2nd no pulling power!so does any 1 have any ideas on what to do next do i buy a new turbo
    .im thinking check the boost. just thought i would mention the car was in a hard front end smash broken engine mounting etc does any 1 think something could have on the turbo on impact?. any feed back on this is very welcome

saab 93 aero sport 55,000 miles 54 plate

heres a little update got the new pipe with connector fitted have to buy complete pipe and connectors.got this fitted and yup just the same gutless.just had it back from the garage on the computers nothing found no fault codes etc.the guy seems to think the turbo is not spooling?1 thing i have noticed when its cold it seems to pull better when it gets hot not good.the car seems to be pulling better in 3 and 4th and top gear but 1st and 2nd no pulling power!so does any 1 have any ideas on what to do next do i buy a new turbo
    .im thinking check the boost. just thought i would mention the car was in a hard front end smash broken engine mounting etc does any 1 think something could have broke on the turbo on impact?. any feed back on this is very welcome
    saab 93 aero sport 55,000 miles 54 plate[/b]

have you tried resetting the ecu..?

have you tried resetting the ecu..?[/b]

Yup iv tried that numerous times

on further inspection iv removed the pipe on the end of the turbo started the car reved it up and theres like a wooshing noise.the bit inside with the blades is spinning iv put a bit of pressure on it and theres slight movement nothing to talk about really.is there any other way to check the turbo or do i need to do a boost check..any feed back is more than welcome on this problem..

ok guys tell me something when ya rev the car up does the rod on the actuator move? because i see no movement

17. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast