Whatever Happened to the Saabscene Trackday
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whatever Happened to the Saabscene Trackday

Saabisti
    Whatever happened to the Saabscene Trackday? I went to Goodwood and Croft and great days they were. I have been out of touch as I have been rebuilding Darthvader and missed Donnington and Cadwell. I know there was some politics, but the result has been no Saab TD which is a great loss to all.

I organise TDs for Club Triumph and need to sort out something for October and am having a word with MSV about Bedford. I am happy to provide expertise / time, but I have a very busy life and would need some help, but the guys who did it before did such a great job I would not wish to tread on their toes.

How about we revive the Saabscene trackday?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Its a great idea, i would love to get along to one.

Has anything happened about this? I'm compiling a hobby site which lists all the track days and want to make sure I add the Saab one if there is one...

www.trackdaylist.com

Could someone let me know if there is a Saab TD so I can add it please?

Full throttle
    It was generally felt that the Saab community at the time could only support one exclusive trackday each year. Since the last Saabscene trackday, there have been many others that have been arranged primarily for Saabs or with Saabs having a slot.

Neo Brothers are organising one this year and there has already been one at Castle Combe. Maybe others.

Thanks for the heads up on that. Any idea how I could get in touch with them to add their date?

Saabisti
    I don't doubt that there is only a market for 1 TD/year just for Saabs, but for the last 2 years I have seen no publicity, so have not been able to enter.

Any advice on how / where to search? Saab Track Day only ends up on this site.

Full throttle
    Link here for the next one I know about.

Some of the other trackdays may be general track days with a large Saab contingent, or with Saab only sessions.

EArlier this year there was a day at Castle Combe, and a general one at Marham, Norfolk.

Thanks for the information, appreciated.

Sounds great, not up for putting mine on the track... but could be a good day out!

Any news for the new year?

Whatever happened to the Saabscene Trackday? I went to Goodwood and Croft and great days they were.[/b]
    Hi Chris, good to hear from you again.

The Saabscene Trackdays were orgainsed at Anglesey when we had just 17 people/cars commit, the following year at Anglesey where we quickly reached 30 capacity and in 2004 at Goodwood where we were oversubscribed for 40 cars on the day.

The following year was at Croft when the Saab Owners Club finally realised Saabs could go faster and be more fun when they weren't pulling along white plastic houses.

I know there was some politics, but the result has been no Saab TD which is a great loss to all.[/b]
    I agree that it is a loss that SSc TDnn trackdays ceased with Croft.

I'd be up for a track day, lets bring it on! I will see what I can do

Saab Anorak
    Not Saabscene but next Saab only track day is at Snetterton on Sunday, 6 March.

There or 5 to 10 Saab heavy track events per year in the UK, none associated with SOC at present.

15. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread