Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Traction/Stability Control Failure 9-3

27K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  rafalllll 
#1 ·
Hi,

Have a '07 9-3 Sedan. Last Sunday, Stability Control/Traction Control reading on dash while driving and engine stopped--car would not turn over with several attempts. When it was operable, I heard a "clicking" noise in the passenger side dash as if something is shorted out. Brought to Saab service dept. and they cleaned corroded "module"? Drove vehicle home (about 80 miles) with no problem. Next day, same warning lights and car stalls out. The dealer is really far away but a local mechanic that has worked on Saab before is trying to figure things out. Any advice I can give him?

Thanks!

#3 ·
Update: A local repairman found the problem after probing around the fuse panel. Apparently, underneath the panel, several wires had been chewed by --- mice! A relay had to be replaced as well but now I just have to figure out how to keep those critters out of my car. Thanks for your reply :)

#4 ·
Hey all

I am also experiencing the same problem sctyjo had, with my 05 9-3 Saab 1.9TiD, where my car keeps jolting (like a misfire) and after 80 miles a Traction Control Failure/Stability Control Failure is displayed. The first time it happened the car continued to drive as normal even though the engine warning light was on, I spoke to my Saab dealer and they told me it was ok to drive and to get it in for a diagnostic check but after a further 50 miles the engine died. The diagnostic check threw up a Crankshaft Position Sensor fault, however the Saab dealer said that it was highly unlikely this was the fault as they have rarely had to change these on diesel engines, so, they changed the ignition switch!! (£90). Picked up the vehicle and broke down after 12 miles on the motorway. I have now had the crankshaft sensor changed (£99) and the EGR valve replaced (as they noticed this was sticking, but this was done under parts warranty as it was only fitted 18 months ago. Drove back today from the dealers (11 miles) and car jolted twice!! The fault codes did not appear but i am very reluctant to drive the vehicle anywhere having 2 kids to transport around as i dont want to break down in a hazardous area again. If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.

Griff

#6 ·
Hi,

Have a '03 9-3 SportSedan 2.2TID. The car does`t start, when turn the key - silent !!! SID showing - TRACKING CONTROL FAIULURE - CONTACT SERVICE

fuse - checked, connection, ground - checked, starter - checked, ignition switch - checked ( I have new ), alternator - only can disconect - but still the same problem, battery charged all night (12.86V) - but doest help... fuel gauge shows 0, light is on reserve, but I know that I have a half tank of fuel...

in brief:

car park on the parking on saturday, it rained all day and night, on the sunday I get, twist the key, the message on the SID - TRACKING CONTROL FAILURE - CONTACT SERVICE, trying to turn and start engine - SILENT ...

a short circuit from the starter relay - starter working but only this way, but the engine does not want to jumpstart, i try push the car, but also doest help

write anything, I will check robin again ... may be overlooked something ... I have time until Friday, because on Friday I go to the service ...

any ideas? where to start?

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.