Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Saab 9-3 power loss - Engine light - Traction issues

12K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  AL900S 
#1 ·
Hi,

Please can anyone offer me some advise. I have had some strange issues with my 2001 9-3 HOT. Here's the chain of events

1. Power loss under acceleration - it will rev up to about 4k then it's almost as if the traction control has kicked in and is killing the power. The turbo gauge goes off the scale unless I ease of the accelerator immediately. The 1st couple of times this happened, the traction control switched it's self off.

2. Even with the traction control switched off, it still behaves in the same manner

3. The engine management light has now come on and the power loss is happening consistently.

One thing to note - I have got a slight water leak from the thermostat housing - could this be causing any problems? It's booked in to get the leak repaired (my local dealer fitted the new thermostat a couple of weeks ago but didn't do a good job) and I will ask them to take a look at the power loss symptoms too. I just thought I would ask on here to see if anyone had experienced the same issues and knew what the possible fault could be.

Also - has anyone got any experience of using Scanparts in Wolverhampton for servicing & diags?

Many thanks - any advise greatly appreciated!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi

Have you had your direct ignition cassette replaced at all under 'recall' by Saab. (black rectangular module which sits on top of engine with a screw on all 4 corners). You can check with a Saab dealer. Run a search for DI cassette. This could well be the problem either that or a split vacuum hose near turbo/throttle body.

HTH
Al

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.