Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Help: Rare Sonett bits wanted

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Swade 
#1 ·
I got a call for help via email and whilst I think the call would be better placed in a more targeted crowd, I’m still going to post it here for two reasons:

1) Someone may actually be able to help, and

2) I’m just fascinated by the car

Markus L is looking for some special Saab bumpers for a Sonett III. Normally the Sonett III came with the same moulded black bumpers that were on the Saab 99, 96 and 95 back in the early-mid 1970s.

Bumpers like this:

I just assumed that all Sonetts were made with these bumpers, but I guess it makes sense they weren’t. the black bumpers didn’t come on to the Saab 99 until 1972, so Sonetts made before them would have had something else.

Apparently that something else is this:

It’s a thin strip style of bumper, or just a bump strip, really, that must have been used on early Sonetts. and doesn’t that rear look strange painted white? So different.

A quick whip through my photo archive shows some other cars without the big black 99 style bumpers, so these must have been around for a while, at least.

If you’ve got any leads on where some of these thin style bump strips can be located, please leave a note in comments or contact me directly.

Any links to websites that might be of assistance would be appreciated as well.

</img>

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.