9-3 dash trim removal
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 9-3 dash trim removal

Hi there,

I've got a 9-3, 2006 model with the aux socket in the stereo fascia; how do I remove the fascia, or take the stereo out, or even remove the trim panel below?

A jack plug has snapped off in the aux socket

Any advice gratefully accepted.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saab Afficionado
    Here's a long-shot idea. Maybe, just maybe, it might be possible to superglue the two pieces together in place. Very carefully apply glue to the 'handle' of the plug (which will touch the broken off part) and hold it against the broken off piece in the socket. Try first to see how they need to be aligned for best contact. Make sure you hold it very still for as long as you can (at least a minute or two I'd say). You never know, it might just work (and save you from having to take things apart).

Good luck.

Here's a long-shot idea. Maybe, just maybe, it might be possible to superglue the two pieces together in place. Very carefully apply glue to the 'handle' of the plug (which will touch the broken off part) and hold it against the broken off piece in the socket. Try first to see how they need to be aligned for best contact. Make sure you hold it very still for as long as you can (at least a minute or two I'd say). You never know, it might just work (and save you from having to take things apart).

Good luck.[/b]
    Thanks for the suggestion. I did think of the glue option, but the piece left behind in the socket seems to be at a bit of an angle and I'm worried that I'll just stick the 'handle' to the dash.

Cheers anyway......

to remove the stereo, you need to carefully pry out the centre vents above the stereo. Then you will see 2 torx bolts ontop the stereo. undo these and voila. you will then have to strip the stereo down to gain access to the aux port, whcih may not be so easy.

Thanks, Steve................

Can anyone tell me how to remove the dash trim itself? I have a 2004 93 convertible and the trim or "bezel" is pealing. Picked up a new one but can't get the old one off!

8. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread