Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1992 c900 Brake light switch question

Tags
1992 brake c900
4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  brian_c 
#1 ·
Hello, the brake light switch must be a bit sticky on my car because the brake lights sometimes stay on when I have taken my foot off the pedal (thanks goodness for the high level brake light or I would not have noticed this!). Two questions:

1) The brake lights are live even without the key in the ignition - is this normal as Haynes suggests the key should be at position 2 before the lights are live.

2) Is the switch easy to remove/replace on a RHD car? (previous threads on here appear to be ambiguous in this respect).

Cheers, Brian

#2 ·
I believe brake lights are live with no key in ignition on all cars (I know they are on our 1992 classic 900).

Haven't had to fiddle with a brake light switch for a while, but I don't think it's difficult. You should be able to remove it and use some WD40 on it. You may, however, find that it only needs a bit of adjustment. It shouldn't trigger until the pedal has moved a little bit (but before the brakes actually apply).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.