Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

9-3 phone kit

Tags
kit phone
24K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  bigbird76 
#1 ·
i have just picked up a 9-3 ss vector sport which has the sat nav and phone sim reader in the boot but i have a nokia ck-7w which i took out my last car i was reading you can get a tel lead 06-109B
but my question is wont the plug already be being used as i have the built in phone kit and by unplugging this will it effect any other functions in the car apart for the in built phone not working also will the connection lead be in the same place in the passenger side kick panel

many thanks in advance

#5 ·
Hi
I have the same in built phone which is annoyingly almost useful but in practice is worse than useless as you don't get the Tel 1lead allowing you to bypass it. I've been looking for it too and it's not there.

The connector in the boot that goes into the phone module looks a better bet, but I've not got round to trying to find out if this would work.

In the meantime I just use a bluetooth visor speaker phone thingy which works brilliantly. Mine is the Jabra 5050, which clips to the sunvisor, just turn it on when you get in the car, needs charging once in a blue moon and sounds plently clear enough. I think they're around £30.

Cosmic

#9 ·
Hi

On first inspection I could not find the hands free plug, I thought I will just have one more look before I put the cover back and I found it. It was not particularly easy to find, have you had a really good look? it was fairly well tucked away on mine and covered in black tape so is easy to miss.

Mine was further foward than your photograph shows.

Regards
Pat

#11 ·
Hi I fitted a Parrot 3100 kit to my 04 93, it was a job to locate the correct plug and when I did it was then found to have already had a kit fitted previously, this kit had been removed via very sharp knife! thus meaning all the connecting wires had to be rejoined or connected again! The TEL1 connector I found high up behind the tunnel wrapped in a black cloth type tape. Very sticky too! good luck......

#13 ·
Hi guys

Sorry to jump the thread but i have a Motorola T605 to install into my 2005 Saab 93 tid vector sport, My car has a phone kit installed which has the sim card in the boot. anyway i cannot get the saab bluetooth to work at all with a few mobile phones i have owned. Hence buying the T605 hands free kit.

My question is would one of these connectors below fit into the loom connector under the passenger side centre console mentioned above?? or does anyone know what would fit i was thinking of the parrot connector if possable and then joining/splicing this to my motorola kit somehow, I dont want to cut the saab connector off.

Would this fit??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Saab-9-3-9-5-2004-On...=item20ae93be77

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Parrot-SOT-109-Harne...=item3ef676892f

Cheers All

Leigh

#14 ·
Bigbird, I'm sure there are people here more technically qualified then me but I'm not sure the motorola kit will work the way you want it too with the Saab audio! If you use the TEL connection (if fitted) wont the sound just come thru the front speakers only, and the T605 is an audio device to play music thru the vehicles speakers, so you will loose half the sound! as well as a hands free kit.

I may be wrong but not sure the two may not work together as I thought about installing a Parrot kit to stream music with as well as the IO Play but when I found out about the sound only coming from the front speakers just went for a Parrot ck3100 and will do an Aux lead fitting soon....

good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.