I get my 56 plate (Dec 2006 registered) Saab 93 serviced at a non franchised service garage, I asked them to reset the "TIME FOR SERVICE" indicator but they didn't have a clue? I searched high and low on the internet but to no avail. I was considering paying some guy on Ebay about £8 for the info.
Anyway, as I am an Engineer by trade I thought why not try the tried and trusted last ditch method of R.T.F.M. (Read The Flipping Manual!)
Guess what? The answer is in there!!!
1. You have to insert the key and turn it to the ignition position but without starting the engine.
2. Then push the footbrake, keeping it pushed the whole time throughout this procedure.... (cars with diesel engine only)
3. Then select "SETTINGS" on the steering wheel controls.
4. Then press and hold the "SET" button until given audible confirmation.
5. Select "TIME FOR SERVICE".
6. When asked "RESET SERVICE CHECK?" Select YES (You can undo using the CLR Button)
7. Release the brake pedal (cars with diesel engine only).
Follow these instructions carefully and that should get rid of the dreaded "TIME FOR SERVICE" indicator!! WHOOPEE!!!
You will also find the above procedure gives you other options for other features such as turning off the Automatic switching off of the Climate control system, I turned mine off as it gets a real pain when it turns on the fan at ultra high speed when I get in the car sometimes and it decides the temperature needs adjusting up / down. Now I have control of the darned thing and can set off in peace and quiet!