Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

CEL -- P1312

Tags
cel p1312
16K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  mark e 
#1 ·
Just got a '04 9-5, and getting the P1312 code. I've checked the previous owner's maintenance records for the car, and the DI cassette/spark plugs have been replaced in Nov '07 b/c of P1312 code. So what else could cause P1312, could the DI cassette gone bad again so quickly?

Thanks

#2 ·
Welcome!

P1312 is likely to be caused by either a faulty DI cartridge or faulty wiring. As you've had the DI replaced already, it would seem unlikely that it is the same again, so the wiring needs to be carefully checked. It's pin 8 on the connector to the DI that carries the signal that generates this code.

#5 ·
I removed & unplugged the DIC, reseated it, and the code went away for a week. Now it's back again! Not sure what is making it come back (weather? it was raining both times it was on), or something else? Does it make sense to get a dealer to take a look at it? If the CEL is currently off, would they even be able to reproduce the problem. This thing is driving me crazy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.