fuel pump fuse
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fuel pump fuse

Saab Newbie
    Hi my 20 amp fuel pump fuse keeps blowing in the space of 10 miles my fuel pump fuse has blown 4 times so to get home i put a 30 amp fuse in which for the 10 miles home it didn't blow first will this action cause any damage and secondly is my fuel pump had it or could it be something simple and cheap to do like needing a new fuel filter or something please advise

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saab Afficionado
    Sounds like it could be the pump on the way out, but worth checking cheaper options first. There is a relay for the pump (at least there is on mine ) and if that is not making good contact, it could cause overheating in the fuse. Not sure if there is another relay on the same board, which you could swap it with to find out. Probably not a good idea to up rate the fuse, as the fuel tank is not the best place to have something go into meltdown!ps Is the alternator good and keeping the battery fully charged etc? With all the extras on, there could be a drop in voltage. Less volts mean more amps. Power = volts x amps. Might be OK in the morning, if it is not pouring of rain and the lights are off

Saab Newbie
    Changed fuel pump and everything is ok now it cost me 52 for a second hand one

Saab Afficionado
    Changed fuel pump and everything is ok now it cost me 52 for a second hand one[/b]
    Thanks for letting us know. I am sure quite a few of us were worried about you running around with an overrated fuse in the fuel system.......

Neil

Saab Junior
    Can you please tell me from where you bought the fuel pump. my car wont start and I think the problem is fuel pump.
    cheers

7. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread