My seat belt is stuck!
NEWS

1. Welcome to Saabscene General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My seat belt is stuck!

The middle (rear) seat belt is well and truly jammed. The seat back is in the correct position but, since lowering the seat back for a bit of cargo-carrying, I cannot now release the middle seat belt. This has been an intermitent problem for the last 6 months but has always been rectified by a firm slam of the seat back to click it into position. The car showroom that sold me the car says that this is also a "problem" with Vauxhalls.

However, I cannot loosen the middle belt now. In fact, the belt is under such tension that the seat does not wish to be put back into position without considerable persuasion. Something ain't right within the seat belt mechanism.

What can I do?

PS Saab 9-5 est 2.2 Tid 03.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Any chance of getting to the bolt under the lower seat squab? If you could release/ undo it completely then the ratchet will let off and it should then retract. Good Luck.

Aus715 you are a genius (in my eyes anyway!)

I have been able to release the seat belt as you suggested.

Now I know why the seat belt was stuck. The upper button through the belt had managed to get inside the retraction mechanism and couldn't be released. I now need to make sure that the button doesn't get inside the mechanism. It looks as though there is a plastic cap missing from the top of the seat which would stop the button entering into the seat.

Time to go shopping!

Once again, thanks.

Great News!!!

Re: My seat belt is stuck!

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to say thank you to the OP and the guy with the suggested answer. You saved me a day of aggravation and a (probably) costly repair when, at 10:00pm I could no longer raise the seat I had folded down to carry cargo and desperately needed to put back the two car seats for our two children. So simple to unbolt that bottom bolt under the seat and release the belt. Awesome. Thanks again.

Saab Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by robertson.a View Post
    Any chance of getting to the bolt under the lower seat squab? If you could release/ undo it completely then the ratchet will let off and it should then retract. Good Luck.
    My first post. Recently took delivery of a 2005 9-5 3.0 estate and had exactly the same problem today. Suggested fix worked but not easy as the seat back was almost solidly held down by the tight belt so working by touch only in a very confined space.

Happy now though, will watch out for this one in the future.

A great forum and a great source of information, no doubt will be posting again in the not too distant future.

Thanks again,

Sam.

Having the same problem with our 9.5 rear middle seat belt tensioner with retractor taking the belt past the stop and jamming tight. Found the plastic feed guider had come loose and was floating up and down belt. It needs replacing. How did you manage the problem please?

9. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread