Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

9-3 Niggles

Tags
niggles
3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  potto 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Hoping someone can advise me on a couple of niggles Ive been meaning to sort out for a few months now! My car is a 93 Aero Coupe on a Y plate (2001). The probs are as follows:

1. I believe the car is equipped with the standard stereo/radio/cd. It has the single front loading cd player. However, the quality of the radio is very poor, often I cant even receive a MW signal and when I do it is very poor. All I want to do is listen to the footie commentary on 5 live or Talksport but its impossible! Are they any upgrades available??

2. When moving, there is a constant squeaking coming from the back of the car (internal) which I think is the parcel shelf or the clips that hold the rear seats in place. Has anyone ever encountered a similar problem and how is this fixed? Its really annoying and get worse on bumpy roads. Ive tried putting vaseline on the rubber clips that hold the seats together but this doesnt help a great deal.

I know these are only small faults but they are driving me mad. I'd be grateful if anyone can help or has any suggestions. Cheers.

#2 ·
Hello Robbie76

I have the same issues, my 9-3 now owned by me for approaching five years.

1. The MW reception seems to be an issue in only some parts of the country. For me, here, on the south coast the reception is very poor on both 909 and 693 for Five Live - to the point that it is unlistenable sometimes. Particularly poor around Gatwick. Much better once you get up to the M25 around London. Reception is good for most of the way from London the the Midlands. I have looked into this before and there are no upgrades from Saab that I can find.

2. the squeak at the back is due to a mislocated parcel shelf. Open the hatch and recheck that it is seated correctly - that should fix the problem. Been there, done that!

#4 ·
I have had a lot of squeaking from the pins that the squab of the rear seats pivot up on when you fold down the back seats. You can see them in the rear passenger footwells. I put a small dot of Silicon sealant on them to stop them vibrating[/b]
Thank you! I have an annoying squeak from the back that I could not find and this may be it - I've checked the spare wheel is tight & polystyrene tool holders not moving, checked parcel shelf, removed kiddie seats all to no avail! Will have a peak tomorrow...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.