Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Auto gear shift lever illuminator bulb replacement

15K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  polaris 
#1 ·
I tried doing a search on the forum but for some reason I could not find anything - maybe as I was doing it wrong?

I need to replace the bulb that illuminates the P D R M 1 2 lights (or whatever order they are in) along side the auto gear lever - is it simple or is it a pig? I do not want to go prising off anything unnecessarily.

Any tips or links to any other posts would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

#2 ·
This is for the 4 speed box but i suspect the 5 speed is similar.

Carefully prise up the gearlever surround, remove the gearlever position indicator panel followed by the green strip and slider, remove the graded strip then use a suitable piece of rubber tube to remove the faulty bulb.

#3 ·
Re: Auto gear shift lever illuminator bulb replace

Good Grief, there is a light?

I was assuming that the reason there was the display on the dash that there was not a light behind these! Mine is the 6 speed I think, PRND32L I think the order is.

I shall have a look at removing this panel and changing the bulb!!

#4 ·

I am either going mad - or there was a bulb - as I got in the car and went to change gear yesterday - and could not see it! I am sure I always look there to change gear - I never look at the dash - though very handy that it is!

Thanks for your help! I did not want to go ripping it all out to find that you can do it another way !!

#5 ·

I don't think mine has a light down by the stick: nor does it have a 'winter' button - just the space where it was in earlier versions. It has lights on the instrument panel to tell you what is going on.

Perhaps arrival of flappy paddles on the 5 speed auto, winter button deleted at the same time, also co-incided with the deletion of illumination by the stick?

#6 ·

Stupidity retracted

Just been out to collect 10 year old from football - mud, mud and mud. Anyway - it does light up down by the stick but only when lights are on - its not with the ignition. Shows how often I peer down beyond my left knee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.