Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Saab sound systems! can they be improved?

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  tmx 
#1 ·
I have the 13 speaker system with Sat Nav and although its ok at low volumes when you play anything slightly demanding the system can't handle it.

Top of the range factory fit sound systems are never that great but the Saab ICE is awful. Even the upgarde Ford Mondeo system knocks it for six.

Is there any way of replacing the speakers or Sub Woofers for off-the-shelf items? or any other ways of impoving the sound?

#3 ·
I had the same opinion, the factory sound system left much to be desired. I replaced the speakers with quality Pioneer speakers, added an amp and 2 - 10" subwoofers in the trunk. The results were amazing. I found out along the way that Saab factory amps in the trunk located on the driver side behind the latch door often fail as mine had and when they do the two 6x9's quit working located on the rear deck. There are also two smaller speakers on the rear deck so it may be tricky to diagnose. You may have a failed amp, or the speakers may be blown from an ambitious sales person demonstrating the system to a prospective buyer. You may want to have it checked at the dealer before spending money on upgrades. The systems can sound great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.