Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-18 of 187 Results
  1. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    The pointer on my saab 93 aero points straight up, 12 o'clock, even before engine is switched on, and moves across from there as engine warms. Have tried disconnecting the temperature sensor hoping this might re-set the gauge but no change. Any ideas? I'm told disconnecting the battery may do...
  2. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi, My first post so go easy on me! I have recently purchased a 2006 (56) Saab 93 TiD Estate. I took it to a garage to have the Air Con recharged but was informed that the compressor will not kick in to operate the system. They tested the compressor and made it operate via their laptop so...
  3. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi, Saab 93 aero convertible 55 plate Is this a common fault? I am being quoted £470 to fix! My dash gauge for engine temp has gone off the scale but the engine is not overheating. I had the garage hook it up to the computer and they advised engine was fine and a dashboard problem. I'm...
  4. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Hello,my '09 95 1.9 TiD Estate recently went into limp-home mode. Cutting a long story short a "main dealer" (really a Vauxhall shop with a Saab sideline) - did a manual regeneration, which apparently cleared limp-home mode - and (when the CEL didn't go out after above) - diagnose...
  5. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    When the car is cold and just started, the temperature gauge reads between cold and the quarter point. When at normal operating temp, it reads between the half and three quarter points. The thermostat was recently replaced so that is ok. I mentioned this to the Saab garage and they said its a...
  6. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    2005 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Vector Sport (6s manual) I have a similar problem to this. Prior to yesterday, for the previous day or two, I had noticed that my petrol gauge was not as it should be, as the gauge was sitting roughly 1/4 of a tank higher than it should be for the amount of fuel that was...
  7. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Reducing throttle inlet air temperature. As all of Saab users suffer from the heatsoak I started to look for a solution that could reduce the inlet air temperature (instead of replacing the IC again to some custom one. I already changed mine to the one from Aero but the problem still persists)...
  8. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Ok - so I realise that this is an old thread that has been going for years but I only recently purchased an 85K 93 1.9Tid. Delighted with the car which has been remapped to 170 bhp. Only fault was that the temp gauge didn't appear to be operating correctly. Most of the time it sat at zero and...
  9. New Member Introductions.
    Hi i am new to saab scene, and having looked here for advice and help in the past, and i am now a member myself so i can join in getting help and maybe giving advice of my own to others. My present problem arose when i serviced the car changed all filters, and now have engine warning light on. I...
  10. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi folks, I have a 9 3 1.9 120bhp Linear and the temperature gauges are not reading correctly...in my humble opinion. Tonight after work when I got in and started the car the temp on the SID said -1 and after 20-30 minutes driving only went up to 25-27 degrees c and the temperature gauge in the...
  11. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    As per title, my stat opens up just as gauge reaches middle, sometimes even seems a milimeter under middle. Measured via OBD it reads 80-82C, the radiator hose doesn't get any warm before that, so there is no premature opening, but 80C seems a bit low. Although another Saab I have with same...
  12. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    I have a 1999 Saab 9-3 and my temperature gauge is not moving at all but my check engine light is not on. I took it to advance auto and had them check for codes (The only one it's throwing is P0442 which is a small emissions leak, replacing the gas cap tomorrow, hopefully that fixes the problem...
  13. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    I was watching the intake temp on my torque app and during light throttl cruise they were around 80 deg. Under even slight load or braking the ttemps quickly dropped back. Obviously this high temperature is from the egr but is it possible that this running state does more than just keep Nox down...
  14. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi folks, I'm looking for help with what I hope is a simple problem. I recently put my car into a field after hitting an unexpected snow drift. No real damage, but on coming out, I must have snagged the cable for the external temperature sensor. The sensor is still in place, but the wiring loom...
  15. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi all just thought I would let you know for a while now my car has not been getting up to temp on any distance of driving, exhaust note is quite deep kinda expecting it to be over fueling to compensate. Ordered a new thermostat today with sensor and housing, ordered EGR gaskets too as that...
  16. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi there, Recently bought a 93 aero (55 plate) and know a couple of things are wrong and was looking for some ideas... Engine temperature gauge needle is sitting just below 3/4's, this can't be normal? I haven't had any warning messages etc. The other thing is a constant stability control...
  17. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi, Just found the forum and looking forward to visiting more often, ive had a year of trouble free motoring with my 55 plate Linear sport 2.0t but the inevitable has happened and a small but annoying problem has occurred. The coolant temperature gauge (with the ignition off has started to sit...
  18. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Decided to start a new thread as I think I now have a different issue. Got my car NCT tested two weeks ago and it failed the smoke test. So I decided to clean the EGR valve (it was fairly dirty) and also bought some Dipetane to add to the diesel. Now I'm thinking is there a connection between...
1-18 of 187 Results