Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-19 of 500 Results
  1. Saab Parts / Accessories, FOR SALE and WANTED
    Hi, the boot lock on my 2001 9-3 convertible is broken, the key just goes round and round but doesn't open the lock. The key fob and door button don't open it either. At the moment the only way into the boot is via the small hole behind the back seat then pushing a long screwdriver into the lock...
  2. General Saab Discussions
    A new issue has occurred when trying to lower the roof on my 2001 convertible. Everything starts ok apart from the windows are no longer dropping. When the roof get to a vertical position, that's when it stops. Lowering the windows allows the roof to continue to fold away as normal. All the...
  3. New Member Introductions.
    Hello im from the USA Online I go by Malazar my real name is Trevor, more specificly Maine, been using this site for a long time to help me fix my car as i upgrade and repair it and thought it was time to join now that im becoming more serious into tuning and upgrading my 9-5 I also am joining...
  4. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Hello all, I'm new here and welcome all the info and help to keep my 9-3 running well. We live in Richmond VA, USA. Our Saab has 99000 miles and I'm not sure when the plugs were changed and I'm pretty sure the DI cassette is orginal. Have been working on the recent check engine light which...
  5. Current model range, FOR SALE and WANTED
    Saab 9-5 Aero Hot, 2.3l Turbo **Some details are vague, i will update, or andwer questions directly** Selling because I have 3 cars and only need 1! Basically no service history, but i have changed the oil myself over the years i owned it. This is a catD according to the logbook - was only...
  6. New Member Introductions.
    Hello Fellow Saab Lovers. I come here with a question: I absolutely love my Saab, as I know we all do. But mine is a 2001 9-5 Turbo SE with a bit over 125k miles that runs like a dream when it runs, but I have had to put so much money into it for repairs this past year (over $2k) I am not sure...
  7. Help, Advice, Saabs and Motoring
    Need to get a new DI unit for my 93 Aero 2001 model, it is the black unit. Want a proper one, not crap from China, Amy suggestions for a decent source in the UK?
  8. Previous model ranges, FOR SALE and WANTED
    For Sale - Saab 9-3 Aero - 2001 - 5 Door Hatch This is a very well cared for and sorted 9-3 in silver and being a Saab enthusiast to my mind the best looking car Saab made, it has currently done 93,300 miles, with two previous owners. Looking for around £1350, but open to reasonable offers...
  9. Saab Parts / Accessories, FOR SALE and WANTED
    2001 SAAB 9-5 ESTATE INTERIOR (beige) FOR SALE 2001 SAAB 9-5 ESTATE BEIGE INTERIOR. CARPETS FRONT AND REAR SEATS PLASTIC PANELS AND TRIMS SEAT BELTS DASHBOARD GLOVE BOX CENTER CONSOLE (NO PARCEL SHELF OR BOOT FLOOR PANEL). SOLD AS SEEN parts are located in Porthleven...
  10. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Ok, I currently run a 2005 Saab Aero convertible. I'm off to look at a 2001 pre GM era 93 hatchback. (Manual gearbox) It's done circa 130,000 miles. I'm looking for a second car to haul my mountain bike around at weekends. As you can imagine, the convertible isn't practical but it's a great car...
  11. Tyres, Wheels, and Brakes
    Hi everyone, I was doing my monthly tire pressure checkup today, and when I screwed off the valve cap on one of the tires I saw that the tire valve was plugged with a strange wax-like substance! Does anyone know what this is? It's preventing me from pumping the tires. The car - a 2001 Saab 93 -...
  12. New Member Introductions.
    Hi everyone, I'm a new member with a 2001 Saab 93. I hope to use this forum to continue to maintain the car and fix problems! Jason
  13. Saab Parts / Accessories, FOR SALE and WANTED
    Hi, Guessing these are going to be as rare as any of the common sayings about rare items however it is worth a go. Looking for the genuine Saab or Elk parts equivalent if anyone has one radio fascia adaptor. The kit that took the standard weird not quite double DIN size radio slot down to a...
  14. Saab Parts / Accessories, FOR SALE and WANTED
    I have decided to give up on my Saab estate after 7yrs ownership, the gearbox failed and after spending approx £700 in the same month on other parts for the car its time to call it a day. I have started to remove parts from the car, all are still available and will be reasonably priced, just...
  15. New Member Introductions.
    I recently inherited a 2001 Saab 95 that appeared to be in Like New condition. Just over 2 weeks ago, I had the car looked over by Pep Boys. They assured me the engine was AOK and encouraged me to get 2 new tires and a realignment, which ended up being a $550 investment. Today I drove to a...
  16. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Live my aero, but drive it in winter with no defrost or heat on floor. Help please
  17. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Gents Anyone got a wiring diagram for 01 93 convertible? My shifter will not leave park, even when the poking the bypass button. Tail lights function, but it really feels like the protection is not releasing. Any ideas would be highly appreciated. Terry
  18. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Hi Guys & Gals - Got "SAAB 9-3 2.2TiD 2001 Year" (Vauxhall engine) Have removed cylinder head to fix glow plug issues etc, Reassembled, and upon cranking it over, it sounds like theres no compression and will not start up, (was hoping & expecting it to fire up with a bit of smoke) but nothing, I...
  19. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Hi all, Help please? I have a 9-5 2.0t Vector Estate 2001, I love the car and do 400 miles a week commuting as well as it swallowing my gear for my band at weekends easily. However my engine has died (sounds like a bag of spanners being dropped on to a tin roof!). My mechanic is going to do an...
1-19 of 500 Results