Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-20 of 120 Results
  1. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Yesterday I had a terrible experience: The car stood in sun, it had almost 50 Celsius inside when I came back from shopping. Opened the door, put the key into the ignition switch (barrel) and wanted to start the engine. When I turned the switch to put the gear lever to idle I heard only "CLOCK"...
  2. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi, I need to replace the indicator switch on my 2008 93 aero (with cruise control). I can't see an easy way to access the switch beneath the cowl at the rear of the steering wheel. Any information will be much appreciated.
  3. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can advise me? I have a 9-3 convertible that I would like to sell soon and I thought I would try and fix any current issues. I occassionally get a "Steering Lock Malfunction" message on the display. I believe that the suggested possible fix is to replace the ignition...
  4. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Can somebody tell me the correct resistances for this switch I think Mr haynes is wrong? 1996 aero.
  5. Classic Saab 900 (1979 - 1993)
    as the title says.. after having a nice blast down the A14, nothing too fast 90mph as there are too many caravans about I pulled into ASDA car park to pick up my wife.... & the oil light on the dash is on panic stations turn off engine & check oil level look for leaks etc etc & nothing...
  6. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    I was trying to track down the cause of my non-working reverse light. I wish I never looked Both parts of the connector have melted and corroded. It looks like it has been burned or melted, by heat or acid. The wire was hanging loose with the crumbly remains of the connector and the...
  7. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Hi MY97 The main light switch does not light up when on. I pulled the switch out when the lights were switched on and there is a bright green glow -why no light on the little green dot on switch? Also, the switch has yellow cables going in. One of mine is not connected and has been covered in...
  8. Classic Saab 900 (1979 - 1993)
    I recently established a fault with my cruise control switch by interchanging it with an identical known good one out of my other car. Problem is I cannot find an identical replacement only an earlier type, which according to the Bentley manual is compatible. All I have to do apparently, is...
  9. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Hey guys I went about trouble shooting my a/c system today. Pulled vaccum for around 30mins, no leaks, filled her up with fresh gas. Although I cant get the ACC to engage the compressor clutch. And it shows no faults when calibrating. How ever if I run a jumper wire from the battery to the...
  10. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Re: Hazard warning switch Is it the swwitch on top of the steering column, or the later ones in the dash? Strikes me that if you have replaced it once and the new one doesn't work there is a fault somewhere else in the circuit. If you remove the glove box the flasher unit is located there. This...
  11. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Can they be replaced and if so how? Before I get a new one instead! Cheers.
  12. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Aircon had stopped working on one of my 9000s. The compressor clutch was not coming on, at first I thought I'd needed a regas. However, I thought I'd check the pressure switch first. I removed the drivers side headlight to get better access to the pressure switch wiring and found it has four...
  13. Help, Advice, Saabs and Motoring
    I have a Saab auxilliary switch and connector socket and wish to wire in an additional device. The additional device has two wires: black and red. How do you suggest that I do this? Which terminals should I use?
  14. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    92 9000cs lights have a mind of their own. The headlights switch themselves on even with the switch in the off position and the key out of the ignition, like something from ET. Resulting im very dead battery. I have tried changing the light switch and this didnt solve it. Could it be wiring...
  15. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Hi, in my Saab the full beam dipped beam switch has stopped locking in theb full beam position. I.e. when you pull the lever, you switch to full beam, but as soon as the lever is released, one returns to dipped beam, as the switch doesnt stay in full beam as it should. Is this a common known...
  16. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Hi Everybody. Can anyone tell me if you can buy a replacement switch for the heated rear window? When you press the button it presses in and the light on the display indicates that it is on, but the switch doesnt stay in the on position, it just pops back out again. If you can is it a nightmare...
  17. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Just noticed the light switch for the side lights main beam has no illumination. So is this meant to have a light & if so how do you replace & what bulb to use???
  18. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    The blower on my wife's 91 9000 2.3 SE has just decided that it can't be bothered with 4 settings and is now just working on the 4th (highest)setting. I have a feeling that this is a fairly common problem. What is the best way of fixing it? Do I just need to replace the switch or is it more...
  19. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    I plan to replace the electrical block on the ignition switch this weekend. The Haynes manual states that the steering wheel has to be removed. As I have a drivers airbag fitted, I am a bit wary to remove it. Has anyone any advice on the replacement of the electrical block?
  20. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Just driving down a slip road onto a motorway (in the dark) when suddenly... engine cuts out, instrument lights go out - but hazard warning lights still flash and the headlights stay on. Selecting neutral position on the automatic box and turning the ignition key first anticlockwise, then...
1-20 of 120 Results