Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-20 of 73 Results
  1. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    I have an issue where my indicators flash quickly like there is a bulb out but all are working, at the same time my reverse parking sensors stop working as well as the rear fog lights. This is an intermittent fault and I cannot find what causes the issue. The fuses have been changed as well as...
  2. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    I have an 06 9-3 Aero Sportwagon 2.8T which has done 6000 miles. I have a problem whereby if first gear is selected quickly e.g approaching T junction, then reverse is sometimes selected. The button on the gearstick is not touched and the gearlever is in the first gear position however...
  3. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Following on from my quick update when the car is put into Park the car is still in Reverse. Saab have told me the cable has slipped and it needs to be replaced (2hrs labour) I have since been told by AnG in Park Royal that they could fix the problem so my question to you good people is should I...
  4. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Could anyone tell me where to find the reverse lights switch on my 1994 900XS ? Not had it long and when I first got it the reverse lights only flashed on between park/reverse and reverse/neutral they never stayed on in reverse. Now theyve stopped working completely. Any info on how difficult it...
  5. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Hi 2004 MY aero has a problem! Cannot select reverse with engine running (clutch fully depressed) and other gears are stiff to select. Is this a known problem. Presume its a fault with the slave cylinder rather than selector as its fine with engine switched off. Car is under warranty (3 years...
  6. Classic Saab 900 (1979 - 1993)
    Hi everyone, I just came back from a short trip to Sweden (of all places). and when i returned home I found that my car had been broken into. The lock on the driver side literally fell off when i opened the door. Looks like they took a screw driver and forced it open. Inside everything is...
  7. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    G'day, I have just purchased a SAAB 9000 1988 turbo with no forward gears working in the transmission, can anyone give me a starter on what this may be caused by, e.g. clutch packs. I am going to pull down the trans this week. Also, where can I get internal parts for the trans, internationally...
  8. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Hiya, New to the forum and currently drive a 1989 classic 900 which I love and have go to know very well but just seen a UK L reg 900 (later shape) advertised for not a lot of money as Spares or Repairs ! Spoken to the owner who says the only problem is it jumps out of reverse gear ! He then...
  9. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    I have recently found it more and more difficult to select reverse gear. The grating noise is suggesting that the reverse cog is wearing and I am assuming the worst, in that the gearbox will have to come out, a new reverse cog fitted and then re-assembled. Whilst the gearbox is out, I am...
  10. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Well, it's been a good few months since I performed the following on my sensors, and they've not played up since, so here goes in tempting fate . If you get the SID parking sensor warning, remove all of the little blighters - a firm push on the middle of the sensor, as if you are trying to...
  11. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Occasionally when I'm parking up it is difficult to engage reverse, either to move back or switch off and withdraw the key. How/where can I get access to grease the linkages as my first port of call? Cheers
  12. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Greetings All! Just wanted to say how Great this website is and I'm so glad to have come across it. I thank all those who created it and help make this site successful! I'm a newbie and this is my first post. I hope I can get some good advice. I just bought a used 2000 Saab 9-3 SE. 105,000...
  13. Classic Saab 900 (1979 - 1993)
    I was taking #1 daughter out for some driving practice and she couldn't get it into reverse. While I was trying to, I clearly forced the ring on the rear lever up to hard and broke something (it turned out she'd left the key at lock ) So now we can't select reverse. What am I likely to have...
  14. Classic Saab 900 (1979 - 1993)
    Recently when changing from 4th to 5th the gear lever goes much further to the right, as if heading for reverse. You can still select fifth but you have to be much more deliberate in pushing it forward as well so it pops in 'on it's way past'. I guess the reverse interlock has stopped working...
  15. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    My 2000 Aero is finally going in to get the reverse gear sorted out, i have a problem where it wont go into gear unless the car is rolled back slightly. I have searched through a few posts made by other users here but was wondering if i could get a figure of how much it is going to rob me! I...
  16. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    auto gear box...reverse lights do not come on...probably the switch in gear box....Haynes only cover the manual gear box...correct me if i am wrong. Has anyone attempted to get at this switch on the auto?
  17. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    I find that if I use the little button to dip the nearside mirror, it goes down so far that I can't see the rear wheel, just the road under the rear door. Can the stop position be moved a bit?
  18. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Can this be solved by replacing the entire shifter linkage, or just the plastic bushes? All other gears work a treat. I should mention this is my first ever SAAB, with FSH and a worhty 130k on the clock. A bargain I think for a paltry £200!!! Any advise on this issue would be greatly appreciated!
  19. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    I've enjoyed my SAAB since April, until last week whereby engaging reverse was near impossible unless one used brut force... And now my rear parking sensors do not work. I have played around with the SID to no avail. Any advice? Plus my wippers are dreadful, I admit I must have collected at...
  20. Classic Saab 900 (1979 - 1993)
    Hi, I hope someone can help me with this.... :? The problem: the pin for the reverse gate fell out (I unscrewed it too far) and now I can't get it back in :shock: :lol: ops: here's a picture just to clarify what I mean: thanks arum
1-20 of 73 Results