Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-20 of 114 Results
  1. Classic Saab 900 (1979 - 1993)
    Hi, My C900 (bought a couple of years back, been getting stripped out and restored over the last year or so), has replacement wings on it now, but they don't have the indicator cut out for the later models (mine is a '91). would anybody out there be so kind as to take some approx measurements...
  2. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    So....... last night driving sweet as can be....then....engine light limited performance and literally nothing happening when I put the pedal to the floor.(revs went from 1000 to 1500 idle) Crawled to bus stop in 1st at 2mph then called RAC. RAC man diagnostic says pedal position sensor. Crawled...
  3. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    I was wondering if somebody could give me some guidance, on the oil spec for the 6 speed manual gearbox fluid . And where abouts is the filler plug located for the above , Reason being I had a bit of an argument with the n/s driveshaft :crazy: Any input would be greatly appreciated.
  4. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    2008 9-3 Where do you put the axel stands on these? If I jack it up using the jacking points then obviously i cant put them there. Ideally I want to get the whole car off the ground with all four wheels removed, but just having the rear wheels raised would be ok.
  5. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hello,had an intermitant problem with surging/up and down revs...cleaned throttle body yesterday,noted that when idling,the butterfly was in the fully open position..I'm guessing this is wrong,it didn't move at all when pedal depressed,ordered a working throttle body online,no cel,no limp...
  6. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    hi guys recently i been experiencing a intermediate problem, sometimes my car starts, and sometimes she just swings and doesn't start at all, i swapped out the ignition coil, and im still experiencing the same problem, car starts, and other times she doesnt. car model, 2001 saab 9-3 ecopower...
  7. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi all anyone here with a bit of advice on a problem with throttle position sensor problem fault code P2138? thanks in advance. New throttle body fitted pedal sensor replaced ecu checked wiring checked is there anything else that could cause it? I have found the volts reading on throttle body...
  8. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    <insert swearword beginning with F> Watched the video on Youtube - its an American vid so maybe less parts fitted to gouge skin and trap your arm such as the SIA kit and mine is an auto, even - soi admit defeat, it beat me. Removed the fan control plug and still not enough room to even reach...
  9. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hello All, I am having a major issue with my 9-3!! I done much to keep this darn car moving and on the road and it has cost me a fortune... I have been having an EML thrown up every so often, in the last few months every day and from last week it has indefinately come on and i have been...
  10. Part number requests
    Hi, Im looking for the part number for the CPS, its for a 93 Aero 2.0 petrol 2008 manual Cheers
  11. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi everyone, i've got a problem with the wipers in that when in auto mode, or when turned off, they do not park in the home position. They end up staying appx. 30 degrees from horizontal.<br> Now i read somewhere that it could be a faulty motor, so i managed to get hold of a used one and fitted...
  12. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Hi all, I'm replacing the sensor and before I pull the sensor out I was wondering if I should drain the oil first? Your thoughts please.:confused:
  13. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Hi there lads was hoping to pick your brains again if you's dont mind my saab 93 2001 aero's cruise control is not working and i have a donor car which i was going to take the unit from . the only problem is i cant find the unit on either car, according to my trusty haynes manual its located...
  14. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Started the engine this morning and the nearside position light flickered and went off. Still not coming back on. Is this something I can change myself or will I need to book the car into the local garage ?
  15. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    I need to know the location of the switch in the passenger seat that is causing this error message to keep comming on. I took the seat out of the car and looked for a limit switch that might be causing the problem but I did not see it. Any info would be great Thanks. ksk The car is a 2004 9-3...
  16. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi,my key wont spring back from start position and feels sticky allround. Have just removed ISM and dismantled n cleaned n silicone greased but no different. Any ideas please,or do i need to replace?If so will original key work or am I into reprogramming? Thanks
  17. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Any ideas what it could be and how do i take the airbag off to have a ganders?
  18. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    I have an 04 plate 93 and it seems its slowly giving up sensors by sensor. The latest one to fail is the door position sensor. I've tried WD40 but made no difference. I've taken the door panel off and found what I think to be the wired going to and from the sensor, my question is which of these...
  19. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Hi, Can anyone help i am desperate ? I have seen the threads on the neutral safety switch replacement and the instructions on how to do it are great however, ive scoured this question everywhere and its been asked before but never answered .... I cant get the 'lever' to come off the oval or...
  20. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    I recently bought a 2000 Saab 9-5 with the V6Turbo engine. I came up to a stop light today and the engine cut out. It cranked and cranked and cranked and wouldn't start up. I let it sit there about 5 minutes, It started right up, studdered a little bit, then ran fine.After this incident the...
1-20 of 114 Results