Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-19 of 104 Results
  1. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi all I have A 2007 1.9 diesel estate 9.3 Vacuum pump removed and link shattered. So got a new one. Then realised the ring it joins to on the end of the camshaft has sheared off... I am struggling to find a part number for the sprocket I think it's attached too.. unless it comes separate?? Any...
  2. New Member Introductions.
    Hi, newbie here with a 95 Aero Turbo4 (in the UK). Having the engine stripped down to have a CAM Actuator Sensor issue investigated. I thought having a chain cam engine I wasn't in for any big engine problems. Does anyone know what the following code on my servicing dealer's work sheet might...
  3. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    I have just bought a nextbase hardwire kit for my dash cam, from looking in the Haynes manual wiring diagrams it appears that the fuses in the passengerside compartment are all live pre ignition. Can someone please tell me I'm wrong or the diagrams are crap, otherwise I'm going to need to locate...
  4. Help, Advice, Saabs and Motoring
    I have a Saab 93 which is an ex fleet car, the service history shows 72000 mile service carried out by a Saab dealer, is it safe to assume the cam belt would have been changed during that service? There are 2 bolts missing from the cam belt cover suggesting it has been...
  5. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    When should this be replaced? My car has done 68,000 miles. Should anything else be done a the same time? Any advice would be very welcome Barry
  6. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi everyone, :eek: I was hoping someone might be able to help with this fault find. I have had my wonderful Saab for 3 years now, it is regularly serviced and is still, in my opinion a great car. It's a 9-3, 1.9 tid 2007. I noticed this start two days ago, and it is now at the garage, so we...
  7. Help, Advice, Saabs and Motoring
    Has anyone any thoughts / comments / advice on fitting a dash cam? I can't make my mind up as to whether it's a good idea or just a silly waste of money. Cheers Jack
  8. Saab Parts / Accessories, FOR SALE and WANTED
    120 z19dt can belt and service kit bought in error 80 plus small postage fee Includes everything in the photo and its genuine gates
  9. Help, Advice, Saabs and Motoring
    Hi im a newbie to saabs and the forum so il say hi first before picking peoples brains. Can anyone help me ive removed cams on a z19dth engine (after water pump seized) expecting rockers to have snapped but they haven't so im in the process of rebuilding now. Anyway i bought the proper locking...
  10. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hello forum. I've just joined having recently bought a 9-3 Aero :) After one or two near misses I've decided to fit a dash cam. This will go up by the rear-view mirror. Does anyone know if there is a ignition switched live in the interior light pod and if not, where there is one and the best...
  11. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    I AM A SAAB MECHANIC WITH A CONFUSING PROBLEM. I hate to do this but the customer insisted. I replaced the cam chain by threading it through using old chain. I loosend of all cam bearings to prevent and damage to valves. I also removed old tensioner. I fed the new chain through by gentley...
  12. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi I've just got a saab 9-3 1.9tid on a 56 plate 89k. is this the correct kit needed to fit a cambelt. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-OPEL-TIMING-TOOL-SET-KIT-1-9-CDTI-DIESEL-TIMING-BELT-IN-STORAGE-CASE-/350650436258?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item51a4650aa2 The work will be done by a...
  13. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    need a cam locking tool have you got one to lend or for sale?
  14. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Having sorted my vacuum pipes and got rid of the MIL and limp mode, I was giving it some stick. Redlined it in second and there was a bang and the engine went very noisy. Finally got round to looking at it today and concluded the noise was coming from the top end. Off with the cam cover and...
  15. Help, Advice, Saabs and Motoring
    Hi Does anyone know where I can get a 93 2.0 petrol Areo cam locking tool from. I can only seem to find universal kits on ebay which are listed for 2.5 - v6 engines or 1.8 would any of these be any good? Cheers Stu
  16. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    2001 - 9-3 SE Timing marks for crank, Cam shafts and Counter balance shafts needed. My engine blew a piston (#3) the chain guide (intake side) got broken while cylinder head was removed, I need to get clear specifications on timing marks, could you please help? Also I will like to have an...
  17. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Can anybody enlighten me as to the mileage that the cam / timing belt should be change on said car? I've referenced the user manual and if I'm reading it right, it should be changed at 70k. I have however spoken to 3 Saab dealerships, and I've been told 70, 80 & 90k! Only one can be right...
  18. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    please could someone advise me as to do i have a cam belt or a chain on my 2007 9-3 vector sport 1.9 D im getting conflicting opinions many thanks craig
  19. cam

Help, Advice, Saabs and Motoring
    hi losing power going up hills changed fuel filter and ok for 6 weeks but problem back again fuel tank and fuel ok any ideas guys ?
    cam
1-19 of 104 Results