Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-20 of 44 Results
  1. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    So I undid my Bumper cover to find out why my headlamp washers were dumping water all over the road, instead of on my lights :) As soon as I'd done that...Well it all went down hill really ...... I found this ! Could this be why the A/C isn't holding ? ..... WTF have they done? ... Lifted...
  2. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi there, this thread has evolved since starting it earlier and i am getting to the root of the problem. My 2003 9-3 Aero is having boost issues, no/low boost, then sometime full boost. the 2003 car was fiotted with an sai system and EGT sensor, it was a bad idea and Saab stopped fitting them...
  3. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    On the center arm between the front and back window was what I thought was just bad painting. After closer inspection I found it was actually a long crack. So looking at various body putties and pricing them, I needed only a small amount and the price of a 8 oz or larger container would not be...
  4. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    I need pics and arrows. LOL. I have a 1999 93 and the belt started whining bad. I attempted to limp home before it broke and it the belt came off on the way. I pulled over but the engine had already heated up and coolant came out. It seems like it is from either the water pump or , and I think...
  5. Classic Saab 900 (1979 - 1993)
    Evening Dumb question but here goes. Are there special fixings for a T16s turbo grill badge or do I just bend the spikes to hold in place?
  6. Help, Advice, Saabs and Motoring
    Having changed my '01 Saab 9 3 coupe for an '07 9 3 aero last month I now have 4 Thule roofbar feet for a 9 3 coupe that I no longer need. They are complete with the fixing kit and retail at around £85. I am happy to pass them along to anyone who wants them for free. All you'll need to buy...
  7. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi Everyone, I have just been given a 2003 Saab 9-3, it was a good friends and I fell in love with it the day he got it. It has been given to me due to his own abuse of it and I admit at the moment looks uncared for, there are a number of things that need doing, the easiest being:- interior...
  8. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Ive decided I need to tackle the few paint bubbles around the the windscreen and A pilars before winter sets in. What is the best process ? I was thinking of dremeling the old paint off and removing (dremel-gringing off) the surface eruptions, then treating it with a rust convertor like...
  9. Saab Parts / Accessories, FOR SALE and WANTED
    Hi, Looking for a orange dashboard illuminated fixing for a manual choke cable...dashboard mounted complete condition for a Saab 99, GL, 2 door, MY83. Regards Graham
  10. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    MY long standing problem with overboost seems to have been a sticking waste gate after all. Maybe I am too light footed. Anyway it no longer goes off the end of the scale, and instead makes a dumping noise it has never mad before when treated to a lead foot, quite audible, varaiable with...
  11. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    I've been hunting around for some batteries to fix the alarm box, and came across these - can anyone confirm whether they are the correct ones- I've yet to establish whether they will ship them to the UK (or Austria in my case).
  12. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    The door pull on her 9-3SS came away from the door. So I've had a go at fixing it. Needed some probing to get the right depth, but I managed in the end. If your door handle is wobbly, it may be cracked already and in need of fixing. This will be easier if it hasn't broken completely. Her...
  13. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Just noticed that the temp gauge isn't working on my 93 V reg.. Just had it a few days, only noticed tonight. Drove around 6 miles dual carriageway and some slow streets and the needle was still all the way at the bottom. Doesn't seem to move regardless of fast / slow / idle etc etc.. However...
  14. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Hello all, I appologize in advance for not having all of the information with me to post as far as what exact model my Saab is - I promise to update this post with the correct info later tonight! But just to get this thing started, here is/are my issue(s): I limped (TCS control light on) to an...
  15. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Late last year during my MOT the tester noted that my main beams were not working. Having checked the car over the previous day I was surprised. Anyway after a couple of minutes checking the relays and tapping them ( they sometimes stick ) including the lamp control, which at that time I thought...
  16. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Hi all, I am currently giving my mate's CSE a thorough going over, inside and out ready for sale. I can't beleive how well this thing goes! 147,000km, 2.3T auto really surprised me. More poke than my 9-5 lpt by a long way. Anyway, the grey leather seats have started to show those typical...
  17. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Bought the car some two weeks ago with the dent. And ive already got the same quote from two different places to fix it + two small rust scratches. Both places said that just filling it in would not look pretty, considering the car overall shape. so they recommended painting up from the...
  18. Saab News
    Photo Credit: Saab History Priority #1 - Fix Turbo Guage The recently acquired 1992 Saab 900 restoration process has commenced! I started this project with the help of Carl Levine, Audio Troll Genius also of New England. The first day at the shop where my car is located, we began to...
  19. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Hi, My right rear seat belt is stuck (twisted I think) and i saw on this forum, that if I remove the c pillar something I can get at the mechanism. Being a newbie I could use some help on what I should be looking for and how to get it off. Can anyone lead me through this? Thanks in advance, John
  20. Help, Advice, Saabs and Motoring
    OK, here's the situation. Saab 9000 M95, ABS light has come on. Vehicle taken to the local Saab dealer who diagnosed a faulty RH front ABS sensor. Interesting as normally the LH front that goes, but they replace the RH front. ABS light still illuminated. So they say that the LH front sensor...
1-20 of 44 Results