Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-20 of 92 Results
  1. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hello you wonderful peeps . Ok so I've had an issue with my temperature gauge reading at the most a quarter way up the scale , been documented in another thread . Today I had a mad idear of measuring the temperature of the coolant in the header tank , after a long run and the needle only above...
  2. Saab 9000 (1984 - 1998)
    Hi all Recently ive been having a little trouble during acceleration with the 1991 saab 9000 carlsson. During heavy, sustained acceleration the engine bangs out and goes rough as toast and I'm unable to rev (peddle goes hard) and goes to a rough idle. Has anyone else had this? Ive stripped all...
  3. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Hey guys and gals i have just noticed my fuel pump does not cut out when priming is this normal? And if i have my ignition on for too long before starting the thermo fans come on even if the car is cold sorry im new to the saab scene :)
  4. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    I've recently had an intermittent, but increasingly frequent, issue with one of our Saabs cutting out. The car is a 2006 9-3 1.9 TiD vector sport estate.This used to happen completely randomly when driving at any speed and would sometimes be proceeded with a jolt which the engine would...
  5. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Had randim cutting out for a while now whether it being idle, accelerating or slowing down, throwing up the codes shown below, recently had wiring that leads onto injectors replaced and egr blanked off, does this mean injector 3 is knackered? Your help would be great, Cheers James
  6. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Conv/Combi/TurboX/AWD (2003+)
    Hi, I have a 2005 93 vector. While listening to a cd or Aux while driving my car often cuts in with the radio. It does not seem to be traffic reports but just general radio. I have turned off "TP" but there is still "PTY" on the hud... What is this? Is it what is cutting in to my tunes and if...
  7. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    I recently installed two 6.5 inch pyramid sub woofers in the door speaker slots of my 2000 saab 93. With this i also installed a kenwood head unit and a Boss 4 channel, 1200 watt subwoofer. The install was pretty clean but my subs have been randomly cutting out. This doesn't depend on volume or...
  8. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    saab 93 2.0 turbo Ok today i cleaned the throttle body, new ngk plugs, switched the relays round because i switched them round before so now there are back to original position. Went for a drive and thought yep i think ive fixed it turned into the petrol station full lock and the car cut out...
  9. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    I have the above Saab reg 2006, and it has been cutting out on the motorway, in traffic etc. I took it to the Saab dealer in Gloucester 5 weeks ago and after it had been there for three weeks I finally got it back. First they checked injection items, wasn't that then they looked through the...
  10. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Hi everyone, I have a Saab 9-5 2.0t SE 1999 which cuts out whenever it feels like it! It runs great for a few days then it has a few days where it will cut out unexpectedly and mostly at speed. When it cuts out I lock the gearshift and remove the keys. Get out of the car and lock with the key...
  11. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Hi everyone, I have a Saab 9-5 2.0t SE 1999 which cuts out whenever it feels like it! It runs great for a few days then it has a few days where it will cut out unexpectedly and mostly at speed. When it cuts out I lock the gearshift and remove the keys. Get out of the car and lock with the key...
  12. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Hi, ive got a 9-5 3.0 tid 2004 plate, ive had it it since it was 3 yrs old, and it has now done 195,000, trouble free, love it to bits, but now it has starting to cut out when you come up to a junction, or it drops below 1100 revs, this is only once the engine has warmed up, the diagnostic coder...
  13. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi my 1.9 tid (2006 150bhp) has been throwing a few wobblys ,Last week on the way to work it decided to lose all power I pulled over and turned the ignition off and it started again first time no problem and didn't have any more problems. Then on the way home from work after starting and letting...
  14. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    My 02 Aero Auto has now started cutting out when driving. Seems to be a heat-related problem. After letting the engine cool down it starts up again. I've changed the coil sets, but I still have the same problem. Sometimes misfires when under power, but I can't trust the thing if it just stops. I...
  15. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Hi, Driving home yesterday and the engine cut out at traffic lights, only started again by applying revs, engine management light and the TCS light is now constantly on. Starting it again today it cuttings out unless I rev it and this a small ticking noise in the engine along with the engine...
  16. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Hi Saabscene, Just bought my first Saab just over a week ago and it's already driving me crazy. On three occasions now it's died on me as I have just pulled to a stop and when I've tried to re-start it the dash has lit up properly, but it won't turn over at all. Disconnecting the battery and...
  17. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Hi there recently my 01 Saab 93 Aero has begun to cut out when i drive it anyway hard, if i use the turbo she just cuts out but then will start back up immediately while i'm still moving. this is becoming increasingly annoying and any help would be greatly appreciated...
  18. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi all, First post here so go easy! I've recently purchased a 04 9-3 with 84k miles as a cheaper alternative to my Impreza WRX (oh how I miss her). I didn't pay allot for it so was expecting a few niggles, but these seem to have progressed in to a few larger issues. I've been through these...
  19. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    First post here so sorry if I don't get it quite right. I inherited a Saab 93 recently, 2.0l auto (non-turbo), in march of this year. It's guzzles up a lot of fuel, always has done, but apart from that starts up up fine and runs well most of the time. Since a little more than a month ago it...
  20. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    i have 2001 saab 2lt engine cuts out at app 2000rmp idles ok when cuts out red triangle on dash comes on there are no fault code engine restarts ok idles then at 2000 rpm cuts out can anybody help thanks
1-20 of 92 Results