Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-20 of 434 Results
  1. Saab Parts / Accessories, FOR SALE and WANTED
    Hi everyone. I'm looking for a pair of front to back roof rails to retro fit to my 9-3 sportswagon ( post 2008 model) . If anyone knows of any please let me know.
  2. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Guys, My daily driver 2000 Cabrio ( 239k miles but LPG at 54 p per litre ) has an intermittent problem with roof closure. Most times it closes fine but occasionally ( I think only when it is on a slope ) it gets most of the way there then stops. Usually when the rear section has lifted up and...
  3. New Saab 9-5 (2010 - on)
    Any recommendations for roof bars? Cost more of an issue than appearance. They won't be used often. Thanks!
  4. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi Team, I picked up a 2004 9-3 Aero Convertible for a few pennies the other day. Other than a few niggles which i'm working out, she's in very good nick for a 14yo car! One area i'm unable to find much info on is roof adjustments. The roof is in perfect condition, only one niggle with the...
  5. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    My 1999 9.3 convertible roof has been giving me more and more problems. The motor sounds, but every phase of opening or closing either needs a multitude of attempts with the display showing a roof fault each time. Even raising the cover takes several attempts and on occasion I have had to give...
  6. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Hello, I own a 2002 93SE convertible which I have had for 10 years. I am looking for some advice on keeping the old fella going. I have just fitted a roof from a donor 93SE but it seeems like the roof controls are the wrong way around! The tonneau works fine but the roof goes up when it...
  7. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    I have a 99 Saab 9-3 se, can anyone tell me if there is a way to manually close the sun roof? My button is not working and it is stuck open. Thank you for any advice you can offer.
  8. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Hi, Forgive my ignorance but I am a total Saab newbie and no doubt questions about this problem have been asked many times before. I have just brought a 1998 2.0 9-3 convertible which has few minor mechanical and electrical problems to sort but the main one is that the roof does not operate...
  9. Help, Advice, Saabs and Motoring
    I have a 2005 Arc 9-3 and I want to replace the rotten shark fin antenna, I have successfully removed the roof liner where it meets the third break light and have a little room to reach the bolt of the antenna. I would like some advice on how to make more room, probably removing the rear door...
  10. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    My wife bought me a 2011 93 Aero convertible 3 days (yep 3 days) after my 2000 MCY Viggen was totaled. The Aero only has 14,000 miles on it. I received it about 4 months ago. When I got it it was 90+ degrees outside. Needless to say I had the top up and down several times with no issues. I live...
  11. Classic Saab 9-5 (1997 - 2009)
    Hi, Just aquired a silver beauty for the right money..... Not intending to 'bling' her up to much (my age between 45-65) but rather fancy a tailgate spoiler. There seems to be 2 types, the original one with 3 bolt fixings to the roof and 'fins' along it and a later version (Like the hirsch...
  12. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Guys, Just had a rush of blood to the head and bought a 1999 Cabrio SE at an auction 'cause I couldn't let it pass at the money. I already knew that the roof didn't open and now find that there are very few pixels in the display. Everything else seems pretty sound and it's only done 90k...
  13. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    Ok, The power roof on my MY2002 93 has started misbehaving..... It closes fine but then when you try and open it, the roof folds down at an angle - passenger side folds down inside the space available but the drivers side sits 2-3 inches above. Unless you give it a helpful "shove" the tonneau...
  14. Saab Parts / Accessories, FOR SALE and WANTED
    These rails are for the 3-door Saab 93 and 900. The rails have different fitments for the front and back. The front has pins which fit into the hidden holes at the front of the car. The rear rail has slots which fit onto pins which are towards the rear of the car's roof. (See instructions) These...
  15. Saab 9-3 Sedan/Combi/TurboX/AWD(2003+)/Conv(2004+)
    Hi Guys :) So when I was out and about today, roof down cos its lovely here in Cornwall I noticed when the roof goes back up, there seems to be a bit of a sag in the carpeting part that hangs down? there were 3 hinge brackets with 6 bolts, and not One of these bolts had a nut on them! So I...
  16. Help, Advice, Saabs and Motoring
    Hey Guys (its me again) So I'm slowly getting used to the new 2004 convertible 2.0 9-3 Turbo purchased yesterday :) I got some roof cleaning stuff from Halfords today, and it looks much better now (no more Green gunge) But its still a little tired, maybe I'm being fussy, but I really want a...
  17. Saab Parts / Accessories, FOR SALE and WANTED
    Hi, I am after a drivers side mirror glass for a 2006 SAAB 9-5, it's the facelift model, also the little roof aerial/shark fin as mine is perished. Many thanks.
  18. New Member Introductions.
    hi i have just bought a convertable saab 93 s type, the roof dosnt work, when i try and put roof down, thyeb windows go half down and i can hear the motors running, then i get the message soft top failure, can anyone help, im not a mechanic and have no clue
  19. Saab Parts / Accessories, FOR SALE and WANTED
    Good day! Looking for a Hirsch Roof spoiler for my Turbo X Wagon. I'm looking for a set of 19'' Turbo X wheels. If you have either and would like to sell, please get in touch! Regards, -Miles
  20. Classic Saab 9-3/GM900 (1994 - 2002)/Conv ( -2003)
    I own a 2002 Saab 93 convertible. Recently I was closing the roof and didn’t notice that there was something obscuring the rear folding window mechanism on the back seat when I was closing it. Needless to say that when the rear window section folded into the car against the obstruction it made a...
1-20 of 434 Results