Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

First time Saab owner with ?s

Tags
owner time
2K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  Mandlebrot 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I've just joined the world of Saab by getting myself a 2006+ 93 Linear.

I want to swap out the stereo for a 2 Din touchscreen. I have the 2007 non Bose (I think going off pics) 4 speaker system. I have looked under the seats, behind the boot panels and under the spare wheel cover and cannot find an amp. Does this confirm that I don't have the external amp and have a bog standard 2 Din stereo with its own internal amp only?

I'm hoping the answer is a yes as it seems to make life easier for swapping with just am iso converter adapter, cage and face plate being required. Is this correct?

I know that this should go in the audio section but I don't yet have permission to post there. I will happily post my questions there and move this once I have been verified if that is preferred.

Thanks ?

#2 ·
hello and welcome aboard the good ship saabscene Mandlebrot .
if you have the facelift dashboard , with 3 twirly knobs for the AAC then you are corectin your thinking
iknow a member on here swaped his out for a all singing and dancing double din affare the only thing it did not do was make tea !
you will need a patch lead to retain the sterring wheel controls
try Dynamic sounds for leads and such like
http://www.saabscene.com/forum/threads/218865-Laser-Red-TTiD-project-thread
and thats the member above .

#10 · (Edited)
Hi again guys, I'm still a little confused I defo have 7 speaker which are all there and working, 3 on the dash, 2 in the front doors and 2 on the parcel shelf. I have searched and searched in all what seem to be the known locations and cannot for the life of me an amp.

Is it possible that I have the infotainment 70 system with 7 speakers or if I've got the 7 speakers must it be the 150 that I've got?

Without removing the stereo is there a sure way of knowing which I've got? mine is identical to the one pictured above except I have a clock button where the imaged stereo has the load button - Does this identify which model I have? Pic of my stereo below.
Vehicle Technology Car Electronics Electronic device

Sorry for all the questions in the intro section of the forum, why oh why is Saab audio so complicated lol

#12 ·
As far as I can asserain is that if you have no amp then you have infotainment 70 which is a 70 watt output , now wether you have 7 speakers all working , I do not know , but 4 speakers is the original set up as far as I can see .
But if you are swapping the head unit ,
Then it would not matter what is exsisting due to the fact that you are upgrading .

#13 ·
Thanks again Lizzard-t, I know that it wouldn't matter from the head unit perspective as I want to swap it but it does matter if somehow I've got the separate illusive amp that I cannot find, would there be any other locations other than the boot or under the front seats where this might be?

I guess I can work out if I somehow have the amp by taking my unit out and seeing what pins are connected as I believe the pinouts are listed on the unit. I just wanted to try to get an heads up so that I could get the correct ISO converter lead ready for when I get the replacement head unit.

#14 ·
I think yours is prolly non amped ,so this illusive amp was never there .
I'll tell you thease saab radio systems are a pain in the whooper .
Not even the manual that came with my car gives you any help .
Flying blind as usual I find ,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.