Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

No joy after exhaust manifold gasket repair. f**kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

9K views 24 replies 3 participants last post by  davids456 
#1 ·
put my car in to get the exhaust manifold gasket done(cabin smoke and a chugging noise, clicking sound when u hit the excelator). guy phones me up saying that the gasket looks good. no sign of blowing. he says that theres damage to the pipe that comes out the left hand side of the egr cooler.he reckons the part is £110 new for the poxy little pipe.

I have seen smoke coming out of the front left and right side of the gasket on the first start of the day. i reckon there was an issue there.

the pipe coming out the left hand side of the egr cooler on my car seems to have a different end than the ones fleabay have.

Auto part Pipe Fuel line Automotive exhaust Automotive fuel system

the bracket on the left hand side that goes into the manifold has like a brass type clip round it.this one on fleabay doesnt.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VECTRA-C-...390?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa30a77be

See less See more
#3 ·
the father in law has the same saab model 1.9tid 120 and he has one to. my question is can you
buy just the left hand pipe that comes out the egr cooler.

or

the smoke seems to be coming out right at the manifold where it joins the pipe. could I patch it up with exhaust paste.

#11 ·
Hi
Mine had pinholes in the EGR pipework also...so removed the turbo to cooler pipe, (had to cut it to get access to the bolts on the turbo as the heads stripped (irwin bolt grips took them out in minutes though), knocked remainder of pipe out of the flange on end of pipe, 3mm blanking plate in and added decent dose of fire putty and put new bolts in and tightened up..seems fine since :)

Car is going in a for a remap now to get the EGR light to stay off (Currently unplugged it)

#25 ·
you know me kez. never happy,lol. :):(sounds ok apart from a grinding, rubbing metal noise coming from the front passenger side wheel, lol. my wife, daughters, and family and friends think I'm a freak now because all I talk about is the obsession of diagnosing and fixing faults on my beloved f**king saab. everytime i have a passenger(s) i ask them if they can hear the noises,lol. it is certainly a full time job owning a saab. the car sounds like an aeroplane when your slowing down. disappears when braking.

HUB?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.