Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Turd's 9-3 Aero TTiD Project OEM+

45K views 124 replies 14 participants last post by  Peppazot 
#1 · (Edited)
Turd's 9-3 Aero TTiD Project OEM+ SAAB NO MORE!

Hello all, so I've decided to knock up a progress thread of my car, all ready named "Baarb" haha

Its a 58 Plate Aero TTiD Facelift with 82k on the clock and a 6 speed manual.

So the idea of the car is to give it a really good tidy up, keep it clean and add some additions that will make it a more enjoyable and keep it looking nice and orginal. I plan on keeping her for quiet some time so the progress will be nice and steady :thumbsup:

Anyway pictures....

Only spotted recently it has a Samco Sport Hose! An intercooler pipe I think?

So currently plans are

1. Detail the whole car
2. Refurbish Gear Knob
3. Sport Pedals
4. Custom Mats (DONE)
5. Paint Brake Calipers
6. BSR Panel Filter
7. Black Saab Badges All Round
8. Refurbish The Wheels Black

This should keep me quiet for a few weeks/months have some much bigger plans. :thumbsup:

See less See more
#40 ·
Hmmmmm its kinda of Meh for me if am truthful, this may sound odd but stuff that has been wrapped, I think looks like its been wrapped.

I personally think hydro graphics give a much better finish and look.

Of course beuty is in the eye of the beholder but I think hydro dipping is the way forward to get the finish I would like :)

#50 ·
And the updates keep on coming :) rear LED lights fitted, I think they look vastly better than the normal ones. It ties the cars in nicely at night with the front led's and xenon lights

And for anyone intrested I took a quick video of the strobing, it isnt to bad on these bulbs. In fairness it doesnt really bother me at all. If anything it looks like a strange alarm check thing phahah :D

#52 ·
I fitted these lights mate and they were ok for a while then one would go off and flash etc etc. I reverted back to original in the end because I was sick of going around the back at night and one was either flashing or not on at all!

#56 ·
If you have a smart phone then you can save a fortune on the SatNav by using a compatible Head Unit like the Pioneer AppRadio 4 and use the Nav off of your phone. Always up to date that way.

I have had the AppRadio 2 in my 9-3 for over 3 years now and its really been worth it.

#64 ·
Ok so a little update ive ordered one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Painted-S...837?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c74d53515

I asked the firm if they offer other colours. And they can paint the spoiler in any saab colour. So ive ordered one in 298 to match my car's colour. Once ive got it ill do a little review because for £28 you cant really go wrong and on some deep thinking I think it looks smart and subtle :thumbsup:

Happy days.....hopefully.....:crazy:

#65 ·
Ok so a little update ive ordered one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Painted-S...837?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c74d53515

I asked the firm if they offer other colours. And they can paint the spoiler in any saab colour. So ive ordered one in 298 to match my car's colour. Once ive got it ill do a little review because for £28 you cant really go wrong and on some deep thinking I think it looks smart and subtle :thumbsup:

Happy days.....hopefully.....:crazy:
I agree a spoiler IS the way ahead

#73 ·

And as you can see the colour match is spot on! The finish is really good, no chips, no scratches and the length is also good if im being honest its a little s
hort on the passengers side but only a little bit and thats only my ocd kicking in.

Final verdit, for the price? £27.99 with free delivery..... Im very very impressed. I dont think you can go far wrong at all. One thing I would like to point out is there has been some feedback left were customs have got there hands on the deliveries and added taxes, Mine wasnt though. I have no deal with the company I just wanted to do a write up if someone is in limbo land on getting one! :thumbsup:

Next up debadge the rear, hirsch diffuser, exhaust tip change and the rear bumper will be getting resprayed to! :thumbsup:

#75 ·

Chickens also love a debadged Saab :thumbsup:

May need to order my new brakes at some point, the rears are really getting to the point they could do with a change a little annoying as the front have a fair amount of life left in them. You may say well just replace the rears however....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250927217783?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Im going to change the whole set for these. Had them on a fair few other cars in the past and I highly rate them! My understanding is there machined brembo blanks and come with mintex pads. The last 2 sets ive had, have come with mintex too! :)

#77 ·
It comes with some 3m adhesive and to be fair it is the proper stuff! Which I have used before on similar things and its lasted the time no problem. I do have some gorilla glue just in case though, although I dont think I will need it. Just cleaned the boot lid with some detailer then went over it with a wax and grease remover to make sure it was prepped.

Fitting is pretty easy just peeled a little off and worked my way around the curve of the boot, I had my old man holding it the other side and he kept checking it with me inch by inch that it looked cock on! Then just pressed it down firmly all over, and kept checking it every hour to make sure it was still in line and the adhesive had took to the panel strong :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.