Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Insert Sim card???

Tags
card insert sim
6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Andyfish 
#1 ·
Hi....could do with some advice please. I was a Saab virgin up till 12 months ago. I bought a 51 plate 9-3 1.9.
I was totally in love with it until last week when it went on fire!!! Soooo I went out and treated myself to a 55 plate 2.8l 9-3 aero. :blush: after having read the manual I'm still struggling setting my phone, etc up. Am I stupid?
Can anyone please help?

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
hello andyfish i suppose it being a 55 plate you have the pre facelift dashboard , and that you may well have either a ICM 2 (small green screen) or ICM3 (large colour screen) radio , with possibly built in telepone , and if you are getting "insert sim car" error , what there is . is a box in the boot where you insert a full sized sim card ( the old credit card size) . i think you can get the adaptors on that well known auction site , but it would mean 1 of 2 things .
1)taking the sim out of your phone every time and insert in the boot sim card reader
2) having 2 sim cards , but then 2 phone numbers , whilest driving the car your normal number could divert calls to your in car telephone also i dont think the in car system supports having your contacts readly for use .
i suppose in its day it was state of the art , but now with bluetooth technology , its as simple as starting your car and your phone is connected .
ive got bluetooth radio as standard in my transit van , and my little chineese fire breathing , flying ones fiat 500 .
i remeber once i had a volvo s60 with te built in telephone and its own intergrated simcard holder ,
your not stupid , its just technology has overtaken .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.