Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Car when in neutral and idling vibrates. Seems it's dropping its revs too much?..

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sianderson 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, have a 55 plate 93 aero convertible. Car when in neutral slowly revs drop to about 700 according to dial. Car then begins to Chug and vibrate. It's not threatening to stall but almost seems like it's revving too low and vibrates a lot? Is this a common problem? Has anyone any ideas?

#2 ·
Is your car an automatic transmission? If so there is a bulletin on the issue that states the idle offset needs adjusting to increase the idle speed. I had the similar issue and resolved mine by increasing the idle to 825rpm approx. This can only be done with a Tech 2 I'm afraid.

#3 ·
both my previous 93's sat at around 750 and did this to be honest with you so i would say its more by design than anything

i posted recently that my current one did this a bit, but one day it dropped to 500 and caused a stall twice in quick sucession of each other but since then it now sits at more like 850 and has done this automatically by itself

could it be a dirty fuel line that needs cleaning?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.