Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Amp install

Tags
install
15K views 37 replies 8 participants last post by  eggie 
#1 ·
Hi all
New on the forum I have saab 9-3 1.9 tdi 2007 reg . I have searched through some threads and can't really work out what is required to install a second amp to power additional 6x9 parcel shelf speakers. What I need to know hiw to wire the amp, do I need to wire the amp into the factory installed amp as I have info system installed 7 speaker audio system and also can I wire the front dash speakers apart from centre to the new amp and where would the remote turn feed be taken from.

Any help gladly appreciated.

Thanks
Eggie

#35 ·
How have you got the amp wired? Are you using all 4 channels? Can you work out which one of the twin sub is working and which channel it's working off? Have you tried switching the sub wiring and inputs to see if the working sub changes?

#36 ·
Hi
Only left side sub works not the right side tapped in Rr + and Rl - and also RL + RR - but getting lots of crackling and noise I tapped both LOC in same locations as they would not work on Front channels . Tried disconnecting wiring but the left side of sub only works . Could the noise be from me cutting the shielding to gain access to the wiring to check if the front channels would work of LOC but they didn't. When I cut the shielding I noticed a silver wire just in between the speaker cables could that have been a grounding cable in speaker wires not to induce noise ? . Also I have noticed I am not getting the higher frequencies that operate the tweeters music just plays at mid range and woofer range.
I was advised that the rear speakers in saab
9-3 have full range signal but I am not getting it I have 4 way kenwood speakers just installed with the inphase IPA 1401 amp .

I have put in a total of 15 hours so far and not getting the right range of music I should . My last install took 8 hours and had 4 way JVC Speakers and got full range signal but was inly using one LOC .

How would I wire twin in series with Kenwood speakers and run it off 2 channels and just use ine LOC .

Any help gladly appreciated

Thanks Eggie

#37 ·
Hi all
Got most of the hissing and crackling out of the speakers but one thing still remains front left passenger speaker still hums and crackles the rest of speakers OK that speaker wired to factory amp. Only sub and two back 6/9 wired to amp . Checked resistance in ground cable it reads 3 ohms which is OK

So why am I only getting hum and crackling from front passenger left speaker ?

Also I wired both LOC into rear right and rear
left speaker outputs . I have good LOC a some T Pac 2 channel with ground output and a PC Leads 2 channel with ground isolator fitted. Initially did try front speaker outputs but no sound so wired second LOC in the rears with existing one. I did cut the shielding cable when trying to wire LOC in front speakers and came across a thin silver wire amongst the wiring .

Any ideas what that is used for ? Is it a grounding cable or noise isolating cable ? By me cutting shielding to gain access to front speaker outputs have induced noise in system by cutting the silver wire.

Any help appreciated please

Thanks
Eggie

#38 ·
Hi all
Had bad crackling from passenger speaker has I installed new amp has the old jenson died on me.
Got the crackling out from left speaker was a broken wire so soldered that no noise from front now small hissing from rear speakers all joints soldered when installing two loc for amp as it is a 4 channel amp.
Only thing now is that all 4 channels work if I wire 1 speaker to them but when wiring all 4 speakers which consists of 2 kenwood 4 way and sub with two channels I can only get 3 channels to work setting is set to 4 channel on amp. Also lost front door woofers no sound they were working before installing the 2 loc's in rear speaker wiring . Rl- and + and Rr- and + i installed both loc's in the abive wiring config as i said can only get 3 channels to work but wiring a single speaker all 4 channels are working also no front door woofers they stopped working after installing the loc's. They were working before that .

Any help appreciated please.

Thanks
Eggie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.