Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

I was looking on the Internet today & I found "This" ! :D

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  J..M 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Its a straighforward DIY to swap the core however the market is full of the chinese products which have mixed reviews.

Anything in the £100 area or rebuilt at £200 will be chinese....not saying that is necessarily a bad thing as I have a chinese TEch2 that works just fine!

I purchased a spare used turbo recently from a breaker and stripped it down. The hardest part was getting all the VNT stuff (variable vane ring nozzle) back together which gets gummed up with soot and is believed to be the cause of hesititation problems (which the 1.9 TID is famous for).

I dont know if I will shell for a new core though as there is very little play in the shaft and I worry that a chinese replacement may only last a few thousand miles before the seals go.

#3 ·
Thankyou for that YouTube video , loved the music ! Seeing that the seals on mine went , would that core cure my problem ?
I know Im going with a firm in London , they do replacement turbos ( re manufactured ) on an exchange basis for £200.00p .
Is that all they do with it ?
They show a mighty big machine they use to I suppose test it .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.