Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Saab 93 TDI 2005 plate - Key Fob Problem

Tags
2005 key plate
2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  aerojon 
#1 ·
Help please.

I have recently placed the battery in my keyfob .......the correct way around. It has 4 remote buttons. The fob has decided not to work. The message has come up battery low on key fob and this will not go away.

While the key fob is in the ignition I have pressed the open button 4 times and still nothing has happened. I also did it outside the car and nothing has happened. When I press the buttons I can hear the clicking noise s there is contact.

I really am stuck and wondering if I have damaged the board inside the fob.

Help

Paul

#2 ·
Hello I know it may sound funny , but take the new battery out and test the voltage . On it , not uncommon to have a flat new battery . The key dose start the car ok ? . We're you getting that message with the old battery in it ?
Or some contact cleaner on the battery terminals ,

#3 ·
Assuming your battery is the correct type and is giving 3.3v?

Its very common for these fobs to fail at the battery posts or microswitches on the board.
The battery is only used for remote functions and if the key starts the car then the immobilser function is fine.

So you have a choice ...soldering iron if you are reasonably handy and use a multimeter to find the broken contact or use one of the repair services,for example.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Repair-se...953148?hash=item4ad315113c:g:hCkAAOSwnDZUDiJj

If this is your only key I would stongly advise you getting another because its a much more costly experience if your only key completely fails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.