Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

9000 ACC stuck in HI

Tags
acc stuck
2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  AlanG 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Its been a while since I posted anything as my 96 Aero has been very reliable. However, the ACC is now faulty. I cannot get the display off HI using the buttons, and the heat is pouring out!. All the other buttons work including fan speed, so thats the only way to control the heat output or switch it to off.
I've looked at lots of the usual solutions for others sorts of problems but none of the symtoms are quite like I am experiencing.
Any ideas?

Thanks Graham

#3 ·
In case you don't have the handbook, to calibrate you press AUTO and simultaneously. The right hand vertical set of lights will come on working up from the bottom. The display should the show a number related to the number of faults (hopefully 0), then switch back to showing temperature setting. Usefully, it does not tell what the faults are! (I some times have to try several times to get it to work).The system is user programmable and in case it has been accidentally programmed somehow you could also try cancelling any programme by pressing OFF and AUTO simultaneously (display starts flashing), then recalibrating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.