Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

saab 9000 cde upgrade

Tags
cde upgrade
2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  bambo 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a 1995, 9000 cde, I was wondering what kind of performance upgrades I can do to it for more power? I dont think I can do the 40hp upgrade due to the fact that its only for turbo models... any suggestions? Thanks...

#2 ·
More power, mmmm take the engine apart and blueprint it, fit a better exhaust, performance catalyst etc etc (super unleaded makes quite a difference if you don't use it already) - all rather expensive if you're not doing it yourself. Have you thought about upgrading the suspension and/or brakes. Uprated suspension bushes work(ed) wonders regarding improved cornering speed and better pads (I've been impressed by EBC pads recently, I'd go for Greenstuff but Redstuff should work too) and disks are equaly worthwhile as you can brake further into the corner. Gearing of course is another issue, I own a 91 manual model with the shorter final drive gearing which I find a a pain in the [expletive deleted] in a road car but does give better acceleration. Hasten to add that there are much greater experts in Saab stuff then me on here

#5 ·
Yes I am getting out and about a bit in my Saab 9000i (normaly aspirated, but quite racey enough for me thank you!) this Christmas, as quite a few of you seemed to have spotted. In fact I seemed to have noticed a few of you flashing a hello as I've been driving along (at least I asume it was you chaps), bit hard to tell what with the difficulties regarding spotting a chap driving past at over 130 mph in a snowstorm

He he he, Merry Christmas people!!!

#6 ·
With you all the way, Dave.

My Saab is for comfort, class, luxury, safety, laid back driving and journeys, and pampering the family and friends, and my motorbike for speed and performance, and waving at the muppets as I pass them by, on the open road, or in their traffic queues!

Merry Xmas, Folks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.