01-28-2003, 07:35 PM
I like it and I don't like it. We've all heard the rumours of the new 9-1. If GM has their way it we be off of the Impreza platform and out by 2004. In the article it says that they may wait for the new Impreza to do it, that would be good 'cause Troll could make it more of a Saab or come up with their own 9-1.
yea it'll be fast and could mean Saab would be in the WRC
Pros: all wheel drive, and that's about it.
Cons: it's not a Saab, no diesel, "it'll be a Subaru mate"
READ IT- http://www.channel4.com/apps26/4car/jsp/ma...40&storyid=2125 (http://www.channel4.com/apps26/4car/jsp/main.jsp?lnk=240&storyid=2125)
02-06-2003, 08:59 AM
err.. more like a Saabaru http://www.saabscene.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif
02-26-2003, 09:09 AM
What would be very nice would be a Saab designed engine (turbo Natch)/body, with the Subaru 4x4/suspension/chassis, with Saab providing the interior for the road cars, with Sparco doing the rally cars.
Eric van Spelde
02-26-2003, 09:32 AM
Er... hasn't this exact article been discussed to death in an earlier thread?
At any rate, I can tell you more or less from the horse's mouth (the president of the Dutch Saab importers, who just came from Sweden) that:
1) an Impreza with a Saab nose-job is extremely unlikely to happen (and yes, he agrees that would kill the brand)
2) A Saab based on the Impreza platform is very likely to happen
3) A heavyweight Swedish delegation is indeed to be found in Japan, not in Milan
4) If the deal comes round, the papers are likely to be signed somewhere in March, and it will take another 24 months before the end product goes to market (as opposed to a Saab-nosed/badged 'Preza - "we would have that car tomorrow if we wanted to")
5) It will likely be a 9-2 rather than a 9-1.
02-26-2003, 02:40 PM
Just a thought, but is the Saabaru likely to kill off the rumoured 300+bhp V6 4x4 9-3SS? Because if it does then I'll be cross. Is there room in the marketplace for both?