Good 95 wanted for Classics Mg photo shoot [Archive] - Saabscene :: Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource

: Good 95 wanted for Classics Mg photo shoot

potto
10-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Classics want to run a feature on the 95V4, and are looking for a tidy example, in the South East, for a phot shoot in the next 3 weeks or so.

Anyone with suggestions or volunteering their car, please PM me.

Thanks!

sgould
10-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Some of my friends in the Morris Minor Owners Club have been to the magazine photoshoots and have been throughly messed about.

I believe the concours boys are refusing to go unless they are paid a commercial fee plus expenses. I don't think they go to many as a result http://www.saabscene.com/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif . It means the pics you see are of lesser quality cars. The feeling was that the magazine was making a profit at the expense of the owners.

It's not the "Glamour day out and a tour of the studio". It's more "Give us the keys. Go away! We'll tell you when we're finished". So, if you go, don't expect any benefit from the day to balance what you are giving them.

potto
10-06-2004, 01:17 PM
I'd not heard any particular horror stories from the people who've offered in the past, and I've done quite a few now. They've tended to come to you and just take a few snaps then sod off.

The exception was Toby Burnham who went to the Practical Classics 100 fave Classics shoot at Rockingham and by all accounts had a good day.

I think Naranto has had some less than exciting days though. I'm sure there are some mags who are less than polite. Classics seem OK in the dealings I've had with them.

sgould
10-06-2004, 01:31 PM
Fair enough!!

If they come to you or you get to go somewhere interesting - OK

Our MM branch Chairman had a near concours car taken from the hotel where they met, to an "atmospheric" gravel pit where it rained all day!! Maybe it's just one or two mags, or the freelance photographers they use http://www.saabscene.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif

potto
10-06-2004, 02:09 PM
Don't think I'd be too happy with that kind of a deal either!