Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Forge atmospheric DV

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  FoeCom 
#1 ·
Hello, I've been thinking about getting a atmospheric dump valve for my 1991 9000 turbo. Specifically the one on Forge motorsports' site listed for Saab. I've heard atmospheric valves have trouble working with cars with AMMs, which mine has. Anyone had experience to say either way for my car? I read during my searching that "early" 9000s with AMMs do work with them, but it wasn't clear. Forge's site also says that the valve is specifically for cars with AMMs. I also wanted to pass my master install plan by the experienced folks here . Plug up the hole on the intake tube leading to the throttle body, and just put the atmospheric valve where the recirc usually is? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Hi FoeCom.

Unfortunately, atmospheric dump valves are not suitable for any Saab fitted with an AMM.

Post 93 Trionic 9000s will work with it, but DI/LH APC like you have won't.

However, their recirculating version performs equally as well without giving the problems of an atmospheric model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.